7-300 Weatherby

G

Does anyone have any good loads on the 7-300 weatherby mag and or any ***. or neg. opinions on this caliber.

Thank you Varmint Hunter.
smile.gif

Between the two, I would go STW because dies are there and the straight shoulder will keep stretching down better. Also, since not a wildcat, easier resale and reaming.

I had a 300Wby and was not impressed by the shoulder. Cases stretched more then I would have expected. I always neck size my brass when possible so that is not the reason.

Enjoy a great barrel burner.

Jerry

PS, if just going to 1000yds, you may want to look at the RSAUM or WSM. With a 26" barrel, the can easily get 162/168gr bullets out at 3000fps. Plenty for that type of ranges.

The extra 100 to 200 with the larger case, may not be realized if the accuracy is not there. DC has used these for a bit so would have better hard data on barrel life and performance.

Hello

As per the 7/300 Weatherby, I have had 3 or 4 of them over the years and still have one.

The Weatherby brass (Norma) and 7mm bullets made by many manufacturers, are very good and with high BCs,

That calber makes a fine Long-Range hunting caliber and it also held the 1000 yd World Record as far back as 1971 when a lady named Mary Lousie Daveto broke the record with a 7/300 Weatherby built by Howard Wolfe.

There are many loads for it but for hunting deer with in North central, PA in late November and early December. My friends and I always used 87 grs of H-870 or WC-872 with the 162 Hornady Match or 168 Gr Sierra MK. and Federal 215 primers.

Good luck
DC

A friend of mine Mr. Leonard Sheffield of Rome,Ga. Has made dozens of the 300 wby/7mm
and shipped them all over the states, I believe the H570 load was real close to the one he used.

Ripper
A good load for the 7-300 wm h1000 @75.5 gr with 168smk. I know a guy who kills hogs out to 750 yards, With his it was also built by Wolfe in Mifflinburg.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You may just know this guy to he is from the area.
wink.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

ERIC

Thanks to you all for the great information. lrwoodchuck, I think I do know that guy I think I may even have hunted with him a few times.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

RIPPER
YEH I THINK YOU JUST MIGHT KNOW HIM. HE HAS A BUDDY BY THE NAME OF COAL-HONKIE.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
ERIC

I'm using 74 grs of IMR7828 in Norma brass with Fed 210 match primers and sierra 168 gr matchking in my Rem 700 action with a 30" Shilen barrel. Have not had an opportunity to crono the load. Did shoot a 7.6" group at 1000 Yards with this load. Remember start low and work up. Looking forward to taking my first deer with this gun at long range in Cameron Co., Pa this season.

I have been shooting 75.5 grains of H-1000 with the 168 MK at 3180. This seems to be working well, it will shoot an 8" group at 1000yds on a good day. I also have not used it on deer yet but I will for sure get my chance this year.
grin.gif
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.