7/16-28 Thread Protectors for Kimber

Metzger

I bought a Kimber Pro Hunter that is threaded 7/16-28 I cannot seem to find a thread protector for this. Any Ideas?

I could make you one if you would like I have to make a couple for some other people I ordered a tap but it's not here yet should be here Monday or Tuesday so just let me know

I would contact Kimber. They show pictures of their guns with the thread protector in place. If the gun was sealed in the original box it may have just been missed in final prep before boxing. If it was off of shelf in a store, The store owner may have removed it and forgot to replace it at sale, Or someone may have sticky fingered it.

Small items, Thread protectors and rear sight elevation wedges have a way of disappearing in stores, Some store owners remove and secure these items till sale is final, Before attaching it to the rifle. Good Luck on solving this problem.

I could make you one if you would like I have to make a couple for some other people I ordered a tap but it's not here yet should be here Monday or Tuesday so just let me know
Hi, are you still able to make that 7/16 x 28 thread protector? - I cannot find them online..

Yes I can make one
How much it will run me and how to order? I need black one , OD of the barrel .57" so OD of thread protector can be more. 2 flat facets or knurling - doesn't matter (or totally round - less preferred but will do). Thread length is .52". Thank you!

If it was missing on a new rifle, I would be contacting Kimber...

We had a supplier here that was taking out the supplied Kimber bases that came with each rifle and telling people it was an extra $200 a set...what an unscrupulous bastard.

Cheers.

Can you still make thread protector for 7/16x28 Jim Crawford 2524321670

Recent Posts