6x47 or 6.5x47 lapua

Ok then what is yall's opinion on 6.5s? The 6.5 cm or the 6.5L and why?

What Mikecr said. The 6.5x47 seems optomized for the lighter bullets (123-130) while the 6CM's larger case capacity seems more readily adapted to the heavies for 6.5mm (139-142).

I'm not sure if the small primers means a lot between the two. But in the winter, you might want the extra pop that comes from a large rifle primer. It will be interesting to hear input from the 308 lapua Palma brass users about the small primers about cold weather ignition.

On the brass issue, I've not hear any major complaints about the 6.5CM brass, although the Lapua name means a bunch when it comes to the 6.5x47L.

I have 6x47L, and would consider the 6.5x47L simply because I have 600 pieces of new brass currently sitting in my locker. But if that were not the case, then like I said in my earlier post, the 6.5CM is showing itself as a very inherently accurate short action 6.5mm.

Jeffvn

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.