6X47 Lapua chamber reamer

dogkillers

Hi, I'm building a 6X47 Lapua. I'm using Pacific. Neck of .272. Using Berger 105gr. match hybrid # 24433. with a dumy load Oal at 2.800 I have only 1/8 neck holding the bullet I would like 1/4 2.800 is Bergers sugested OAL.. I asked Pacific for .030 freebore maybe even zero freebore. They say .090 is best. Throat angle 1-30. Neck with bullet is .269. Am I overly concerned?

2.635 is my coal with berger 105vld.

My reamer is .272nd and .104fb.

Go with the .090fb as suggested.

Kyle

Seat your bullet so the bearing surface/boat tail junction is just slightly ahead of the neck/shoulder junction of the case. When I do this with my 6-47, the OAL with Custom Competition bullets is 2.625" and they're just touching the rifling.

If only 1/8 of the neck is holding the bullet, you'll run out of neck before you ever get a really good load developed and drops figured. The throat on the gun will erode from firing and you'll have to seat the bullets out further if you wanna be close to the lands. I think 2.8" is probably too long.

You can send the dummy (loaded how you want it) to Pacific, or just call Dave and tell him your specifics and he should be able to go off of that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts