6x45 Who's using it?

Because the bore is bigger you get better performance for any given grain weight. A 223 77 grain at 3100fps vs. a 80 grain 6x45 at 3500+. Pretty significant.
Only partially true depends on barrel length. The .223 will outperform the 6mm with a longer barrel. The 6mm will outperform the .223 in shorter tubes which is mainly what we are talking about.

Here is my chance to learn something. With that out of the way, wouldn't a 223 with 75 grain gold dots give you just about the same performance?
It would not out of a shorter barrel say less than 22". Also you get a much smaller frontal section which means the .223 will not hit as hard or with everything equal will not leave the same size hole.

It would not out of a shorter barrel say less than 22". Also you get a much smaller frontal section which means the .223 will not hit as hard or with everything equal will not leave the same size hole.
Well you hooked me action will be here friday along with trigger, bottom metal, and barrel blank by the time the stock gets here next week all the machine work will be done and be ready to bed I should be shooting it by next thursday
What type of action

What are some decent uppers that will be good upper mid range, not going for the best parts, spent that money on my bolt gun. Lol
When you guys say good accuracy what are you calling good? My oldest is very competitive and enjoys bullseyes,in archery and BBs

What are some decent uppers that will be good upper mid range, not going for the best parts, spent that money on my bolt gun. Lol
When you guys say good accuracy what are you calling good? My oldest is very competitive and enjoys bullseyes,in archery and BBs
My 25-45 shoots 3/4 MOA. That's the least amount of accuracy I'd accept personally. That's a gas gun with glass. Bolt guns should be 1/2" IMO

My 25-45 shoots 3/4 MOA. That's the least amount of accuracy I'd accept personally. That's a gas gun with glass. Bolt guns should be 1/2" IMO
what i was hoping to hear.
I'm looking at premium barrels and triggers, good stock and better than average upper. Just got to figure out which ones.

So far im looking at the seekins that mount rails to upper not the barrel.
Probably a geissle trigger.
Barrel- there were several recommendations in the other pages will have to go back through.

So far im looking at the seekins that mount rails to upper not the barrel.
Probably a geissle trigger.
Barrel- there were several recommendations in the other pages will have to go back through.
I can definitely recommend the Geissle SSA-E. Two stage, very reliable and repeatable trigger pulls. It's my go-to in ARs. I've bought them when PSA has them for sale for $169, but I think more recently the sale price is around $179.