6x45 Who's using it?

I've had one for years. Very cool little round. Would 100 percent get me again.
I've kiled a few deer, and hogs with it.
Pretty good performance with the 85gr interbond and 90gr bt. The last load I did was the 70gr hammer and it really shines in that caliber. In fact I'm very curious what the absolute hammer will do for speed. I had a young lady use it for her first deer this past year. So mine has found a new home with her for mule deer and I'm sure knowing her dad that an elk is in the future, if the situation is correct. Gonna miss that round and may get another In the future.

Yes they are very similar. Depends more on the bullet really.
I bought a mark x 223 years ago and my dad was a stock and gun maker , and built a beautiful English walnut hand checkered stock for it for my 40th birthday . He passed away a few years ago and I inherited the one he had . Last night I saw this post and it gave me the idea . I don't know if any of you are familiar with that little Mauser but they were imported by or built by inter arms , very acc little rifles . I would definitely set it up twist wise for the Hammer bullet choices heavy and light . I'm still always building or rebuilding rifle's myself . That would be a neat little round for my grandson.

Check PAC-Nor also. They list the reamer on their website.
I have a Rem 700 that Pac-Nor re-barreled to a 6 x 45 a few years ago. It has a 23" Sendero/Varmint contour 10-twist barrel. It shoots extremely well. I have been shooting 80-grain Sireea #1515 bullets and Nosler 80-grain Ballistic Tips. with IMR 8208XBR powder at just under 3000fps.
It's a FIVE STAR caliber in my eyes. Easy to form/size the brass, shoots very well, inexpensive to shoot.

I have one. I used it for coyote hunting. Easy on the pelt. Probably good for whitetail. It can also be loaded for ar15. Just my opinion. But you are correct easy to load and plenty of brass

After looking at the 6x223 and its similar counterparts, I would humbly suggest the 257 Raptor or its similar near-twin the 257 Ocelot.

From Arne: As a pure hunting cartridge, the 257 was the clear winner with the abundance of hunting bullet offerings between 100 and 120 grains.

I think from a practical standpoint, if you are looking to get a different clambering than .223, why not choose a cartridge a little further away from 5.56/223. A 6mm ARC or 6.5 Grendel would give you more case capacity and hence more performance and further differentiate the rifle compared to 5.56/223. Still has very mild recoil for young shooters.

But of course if you are set on the 6x45, go for it, just my .02.