6x45 Who's using it?

Hawkeye Pierce

I'm thinking about this for my daughters, I like the the concept. What information do you guys have on application, hunting, accuracy, ease of loading?

Can't help with a 6x45, but have 3 6x47 (6x222 Mag). Use them with youth hunters on mule deer. 70-75grn bullets and 748 gets 3000-3100 fps and works well for me.
Very accurate, no problems on our deer out to 200 yards. Most of my application is neck shots under 100 yards but chest shots at 200 will have the same end result.

I have thought about building one for several years and keep talking myself out of it, you got me thinking about it again should be a great little cartridge, plenty brass, low powder consumption, lots of 6mm bullets to choose from and minimal recoil, going to look for a barrel blank now Thanks buddy;)

I have had 3 6x45mm AR's and one Cooper bolt gun in that caliber.
Great cartridge always have wondered why it's not been standardized but am guessing due to risk of confusion with 223 rounds.
It will definitely be a good round for kids for deer sized game.
I killed several with my ARs with 80 gr bullets

I have thought about building one for several years and keep talking myself out of it, you got me thinking about it again should be a great little cartridge, plenty brass, low powder consumption, lots of 6mm bullets to choose from and minimal recoil, going to look for a barrel blank now Thanks buddy;)
Any time, hahaha.
What are you thinking about going with, parts wise.
I have an 80 to finish, then not sure about uppers. Since the upper to barrel is the linchpin of accuracy in the AR, any suggestions?

You'd save yourself a whole lot of time, money and aggravation by just going up to the 6.5 Grendel or 6.5L.

No need for custom chamber reamers, dies etc and should you ever be in a bind there's an option for factory ammo as well.

If you just want something different, cool, and unique and don't mind the downsides though go for it.

You'd save yourself a whole lot of time, money and aggravation by just going up to the 6.5 Grendel or 6.5L.

No need for custom chamber reamers, dies etc and should you ever be in a bind there's an option for factory ammo as well.

If you just want something different, cool, and unique and don't mind the downsides though go for it.
Have too change extractor and open bolt face or get another bolt.
Otherwise I'm in full agreement , open for suggestions , the Grendel would be my preference . I built a 6.5 Grendel AR and have all the dies , bushings crimp dies etc.