6x45 barrel options.

snox801

Hey just wanted some input on where you guys would buy a 6x45 barrel and why you would go with that one. Also does anyone have a load for this round shooting the 95 grains nosler bt. Thanks.

I think Hart will make you an AR barrel in 6x45. I just ordered a .224 1 in 8 AR HB blank, to thread for the extension, chamber, crown, and put the gas port in. I think Karen told me 12 week lead time. Check their web site for the varing degrees of AR barrels. A good custom barrel, like the Hart, will eliminate the barrel as an accuracy 'robber', where you can the concentrate on upper to lower fit and trigger,,,, and most of all the 'nut behind the trigger'. I've custom barreled several ARs, from blanks, and always been satisfied with the results. They make an excellent, fast handling coyote rifle as long as you watch the weight of the completed rifle. It's a bit of a different deal than fitting a barrel to a bolt gun. Definately a bit more 'involved'.

I built one of those this fall and they are a pretty nice shooting round. For OAL issues in the mag I stuck with the Sierra 80gr hp game king. I bought the reamer and used a heavy varmint bbl to turn down and chamber for the ar. A friend shot a large 9 pointer this season with it and after 20 yes it went down for the count.

A question to you 6x45 peeps, I was gunna do one of these but after doing a mock up with a 70 nolser BT in a case and getting it to fit in a 2.260 AOL the ogive of the bullet was in the case neck. Is there something im missing as to way ya would do one?? Are you shooting way lighter bullets? I didnt try long bearing surface short nose bullets like hornady Vmax's but was discouraged with my finding and ended up with the conclusion a 6-6.8 made more sence but finally ended up with a 6WOA in the works as I speak.

I have a Sako Vixen bolt action which the previous owner rebarrelled in 6x45. I don't know the brand of barrel, but man does it shoot! Every thing I've tried is under an inch, it just loves 80gb Rem corelokt, which I get to 2940fps, and they have dealt with many wild goats and 2 Red deer so far with auhority. All animals have been penetrated right through, with a good sized exit hole. Ammo is easy - I just run 223 brass through the dies, and don't bother with case forming - straight to work in the field. I love this calibre, and the sweet handling and light to carry Sako Vixen.

A question to you 6x45 peeps, I was gunna do one of these but after doing a mock up with a 70 nolser BT in a case and getting it to fit in a 2.260 AOL the ogive of the bullet was in the case neck. Is there something im missing as to way ya would do one?? Are you shooting way lighter bullets? I didnt try long bearing surface short nose bullets like hornady Vmax's but was discouraged with my finding and ended up with the conclusion a 6-6.8 made more sence but finally ended up with a 6WOA in the works as I speak.
Not all bllets are gonna' work in the AR15 platform. The best choice is in a bolt gun where you're not limited by mag length and the chamber can be throated to your liking.

Hello ! I'm new here. I built a 6TCU useing a 20 in. BHW tube. It's SWEET ! I did go to Thermould mags. for a little more OAL. They feed well. Still working on loads , but, sofar every thing shoots well. HAPPY SHOOTING !gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.