6x SWFA Super Sniper

Guy M

Recently put one of these 6x Super Sniper scopes on my beloved old 308 Win "Green Machine." The rifle and I have been through a few barrels over the past 24 years. It was my SWAT rifle for 12 years, a target rifle which I shot to "long range high master" and time to time it was pressed into service for bear or deer hunting.

I've always thought of it primarily as a mid-range rifle, out to about 600 yards or so.

VSMyc4vl.jpg

AuECwxcl.jpg

Was temporarily without a scope on the rifle - and didn't have a lot of cash avail. A buddy recommended the Super Sniper, and like many folks I'd read some very favorable reviews...

Well, so far I'm delighted! :) The glass is good. The adjustments (mils) are good. I honestly just don't have a doggone bad thing to say about it! Ya, I'm kind of stuck on 6x for my general purpose hunting rifles. A few other rifles of mine have 6x Leupold scopes. This SWFA scope is MUCH heavier than the 6x Leupold scopes, but very nice...

I'll post up some more info as I work with it more. For now? Wow! I'm impressed. Especially for $300.

Regards, Guy

43C1ydal.jpg

Have been doing some load-development and getting used to the new 6x scope. Using the lightweight 125 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip over 50 grains of Varget for 3100 fps from the 308 Win. Have a 24" varmint contour 1:12 twist Krieger barrel.

Liking the high velocity of the load, despite the rather poor .366 BC of the bullet. I've loaded this bullet for others before and have seen excellent results on whitetail. My intent is coyotes.... :)

So far, I'm just tickled with the scope. Haven't had it afield yet, only at the range, but wow - it's just working great.

300 yard, 3" group with the 125's. Was using my 100 yard zero, with the horizontal crosshair across the "shoulders" of the target. Bullet drop was as expected. I'm pleased. Pretty sure I can shrink that group too, as I also shot a 1" group at 200 yards.

oHDuM3pl.jpg

Not saying it's the best scope. But I do like it.

Regards, Guy

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.