6mmbr feeding

shooter65

Does anyone know how to get the 6mmbr to feed in an AI mag or for that matter just a regular bdl blind mag?

Shooter65,

I am building one now and I was advised to epoxy in a single shot follower by a couple guys with quite a bit of knowledge on these. They also said that in a prairie dog shooting frenzy where 10 or more shots are taken in a string, a box of ammo next to the rifle might be just as fast one at a time if you consider the time spent shoving them down in a box mag. Just food for thought.

Jeff

shorten the follower and the spring base and glue a block in back of the magazine to effectively make a shortened magazine. works well.
Dano

Grunig/Elmiger is a swiss match rifle company that chambers a CISM rifle in 6mmBR.

The magazine is a Sako TRG style with a follower that has a ramp built into the front of the magazine to facilitate feeding. I used to service these gems and they run like a raped ape. The website used to have pretty good photos of how it looked. Not sure anymore as it's been years since I fiddled with one.

Good luck.

Chad

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.