6mm06 AI

6.5 Bandit

Does anyone have any load data for this round??? Im currently using 51gr of 4831 behind 105 A-max's which is giving me right around 3400fps.. Any other suggestions out there?? Thanks

6.5 Bandit

I shoot the standard 6/06 with a 30 inch Lilja barrel with 8 twist and push the 107 Sierras at 3433 fps using 57.0 grains of H1000 without pressure.
Lynn

Have you tried any WMR? I have used this powder in loads of 90gr Bergers with good results, have loaded some 55gr bt's around 4200fps that shot sub min., but not good for long range I figure.I have some friends that have the Gibbs cartridges and Winchester Magnum Rifle works well in them also.

Thanks for the replies... Hrmmm I havent tried either of those powders yet.. I do have some H1000 on hand I will have to see how it will do in my gun once...

Sniper what loads you haved used with WMR in the 6/06???

6.5 Bandit

Hey Bandit try 46gr of WMR and a 55gr B.T.
Nosler, work your way up from here, most of my rifles have free bore so the OAL you will have to work out. Start with 43gr WMR and 90gr berger and work up, I use large rifle BR
primers with these loads. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, have been really busy with other projects. Most of my work with the 6/06 Ack Imp. has been 450 yds and closer
with devestating results on white tail Deer.
I really believed Roy Weatherby when he said velocity kills!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.