6mm vs .22”

22 vs 6mm.

• Total voters
NO, the 6 Creed, 6 SLR and 6 XC all have, 30* shoulders, Just the Neck length is longer on, the 6 XC & 6 SLR
The 6 SLR would "Modernize",.. the .243 Win. and INCREASE, barrel Life.
Barrel Life, is NICE to have, for us here, in My Family,.. as WE Shoot / Practice,.. a LOT !
We Love hearing, the Bullets Slap, Steel !
My 11 year old Grandson just shot, 10 out of 12 at, 115 yards on, a 10" Plate sitting, over Sticks on his FIRST Time, ever shooting a .243 Win !
He Has a Deer and Antelope Tag, here in Idaho,. WE ( Son and I are, excited and proud of him ! ).
We live, 15 Miles from, our Desert, shooting spot !
I'm proud of him, too! Best of luck to the lad for this year and every future one to come!

22 creedmoor is impressive, run slow burning powders like H1000 in it with heavies and barrel life improves by a large percentage. My rifles an 8tw so I stick to 85gr and lighter bullets. But my go to load is 43.5gr rl23 with 77tmk in lapua SRP brass. Goes 3400 from my 22" barrel and regularly prints in the 2s and 3s as long I'm doing my part. The 6mm will not hang in thr drop department when comparing similar bc bullets as the 22 will always be faster. The 6mm does have the energy tho. However velocity does kill, I'm going to shoot an antelope this year with my 77tmk load and see how it does.
I have just started playing with the .22 Creedmoor, and haven't been impressed so far, but looks like I'm just not pushing it nearly hard enough looking at your data. I'm averaging around 3000 with a 78gr Barnes and 40.3 grains of RL23 from a 1:7 Criterion 24" sporter barrel. Around that same burn rate, the gun LOVES MRP! I obviously just need to be feeding more of it. I have a load made up with 43 grains of MRP and a 73gr Hammer Hunter using reformed 6mm Creedmoor Lapua brass and a Federal 205M primer. All my other attempts have been fired with ADG brass.

I have just started playing with the .22 Creedmoor, and haven't been impressed so far, but looks like I'm just not pushing it nearly hard enough looking at your data. I'm averaging around 3000 with a 78gr Barnes and 40.3 grains of RL23 from a 1:7 Criterion 24" sporter barrel. Around that same burn rate, the gun LOVES MRP! I obviously just need to be feeding more of it. I have a load made up with 43 grains of MRP and a 73gr Hammer Hunter using reformed 6mm Creedmoor Lapua brass and a Federal 205M primer. All my other attempts have been fired with ADG brass.
3400-3450 is easy to get from most 22 creeds. If you're at 3000fps in a 24"... I'd say you've got at least 300fps of performance to easily grab.

22 creedmoor is impressive, run slow burning powders like H1000 in it with heavies and barrel life improves by a large percentage. My rifles an 8tw so I stick to 85gr and lighter bullets. But my go to load is 43.5gr rl23 with 77tmk in lapua SRP brass. Goes 3400 from my 22" barrel and regularly prints in the 2s and 3s as long I'm doing my part. The 6mm will not hang in thr drop department when comparing similar bc bullets as the 22 will always be faster. The 6mm does have the energy tho. However velocity does kill, I'm going to shoot an antelope this year with my 77tmk load and see how it does.
If you haven't seen it there is a 50+ page thread on rokslide about moose, elk, bears, deer and antelope all falling prey to the 77tmk. Most launched from the lowly 223 rem

Well everyone, thanks a bunch for all the participation. Some takeaways:

Wasn't even close, 6mm is more beloved by the lrh site members than .22 by a wide margin. Unlike the results of the 7mm vs 30 cal poll which ended in a 55/45% split if I recall and yielded FAR more conversation and I dare say emotional reaction from us all haha. People just aren't as opinionated and personally attached to
6mms and .22 caliber cartridges as they are to the big 7s and .30 caliber magnums and I guess I'm not surprised: those are the kings of "one rifle for everything" and the .22s and 6mms are not and never will or should be.

Well everyone, thanks a bunch for all the participation. Some takeaways:

Wasn't even close, 6mm is more beloved by the lrh site members than .22 by a wide margin. Unlike the results of the 7mm vs 30 cal poll which ended in a 55/45% split if I recall and yielded FAR more conversation and I dare say emotional reaction from us all haha. People just aren't as opinionated and personally attached to
6mms and .22 caliber cartridges as they are to the big 7s and .30 caliber magnums and I guess I'm not surprised: those are the kings of "one rifle for everything" and the .22s and 6mms are not and never will or should be.
Well I could really anchor in and put some heavy argument behind my views... but I just don't see what it serves. 7mm and 30cal sure aren't at home in a colony varmint situation... and not much fun to handle on a coyote set either. I don't subscribe to the "one for everything" type of thought process. There's a lot of fun to wring out of most cartridges, and unless someone is willing to show up and go head-to-head in a contest with me, there's no reason not to let them have whatever fun they choose.

Ballistic truth is easy to find with a little experience. After that, someone saying "because I like it" is enough justification for nearly any cartridge.

I won't choose as I won't do without either. My 22 Hornet, 222, 223, and 22-250 all fit nitches in my battery. My .243 and 6mm come out on windy days, or for larger game. Let's add 6.5 Jap, 6.5 Carcano, 6.5x55 Swede. I won't do without a single one of these.