6mm UM( 6mm Saum improved)

I almost ordered a reamer my self but talked my self out of it. Going another route that doesn't involve fireforming just necking down. Will be building 3 of these so it will be fun.

6mm sherman max. It's already improved and rich has the reamer in stock. I will build one for my best friend one for me and one my nephew. All running the 115 dtacs with the nose ring. Just my own personal preference. Not to sway you at all I was all in on the 6 um until I started digging alittle more.

Looking into building a 6 UM rifle as a buddy have a reamer ordered from JGS. The Unknown Munitions guys shoot 115 DTACS and apparently they're amazing on game. Anybody here have experience with either the cartridge or the bullets? Thanks
H
Maybe a 250, but a 115? What is the barrel life like 400?

Barrel life should go 800 with n570. I'm months out as well. Need to get another action. The one for my best friend will be his ranch rifle so it will be 23 inches long and a compact stock. The 115's should run pretty easy at 3400. Everything I researched on the dtacs says they will do fine. My back up bullet for him as he has the opportunity to shoot deer, elk and antelope will be the 100gr badlands and those should get close to 4K. He told me to pick what ever I felt was best. He ordered a 307 action so I'll pick that up in October and get it done over the winter.

Just ordered a 6saum reamer myself with 225k freebore to shoot the 115 dtac nose ring bullet. I already did the 65max VS saum thing 3 years ago and there was 50fps between the two, so what's the point? The 6um reamer print is pretty tight at the base after looking it over. I have a bunch of new adg 65max brass and was very tempted to size it down to 6um and run it improved, but I don't see the point of taking an overbore cartridge and adding another 4% capacity to it, that'll only equate to maybe another 1-2% velocity increase before pressure signs. I have two friends already running 26" 6prc and a 24" 6saum. Both rifles comfortably shot dtacs accurately at 3330fps with non-N570 powders. They also had short freebore for Bergers, so I'm confident I'll be able to run 3300+ with rl26/n565/retumbo.

Can someone please look at this and point the freebore for me? I kind of suck looking at prints

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpeg
    IMG_2146.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 139