6mm texan

This is the 2nd one I have had built both are really good shooters going to try it at 700yds tomorrow. It is really amazing to me how much better the 115 will buck the wind then the 105
You should check out Bergers new 109gr Hybrid. The G1 is the same as their 115 VLD Hunter.

Joejack -

Howdy !

You said the shoulder was " set back " on the 6mm Texan, compared to the original shoulder location on the
6mm Remington case. Can you tell us about howmuch/how far down on the case that "set back"
( shoulder shove ) is ?

With regards,
357Mag

Wish I could gunsmith was supposed to give me a copy of the blueprint on it but he didn't it is not very much you can almost chamber a 6mm rem in it bolt would be hard to close

Unless it is shortened it sure sounds like a Rockchucker. Cases can be made from 6mm, .257 Roberts, 7X57, etc. Can even be made from others with a lot more work.

Joejack -

Howdy !

Sounds like about the only thing preventing chambering of the standard 6mm case, is the chamber's sharper shoulder angle. Perha

There was a cartridge around years ago, early 2000s, called .224 Texas Trophy Hunter (.224 TTH), do you know if there is any relation? He has gone to the Deer Stand in the sky & I don't remember the details, but he shot some monster Whitetails with that rifle.

Last edited:
The gunsmith who built my first one has closed his shop and moved I can't get a hold of him . The sharper shoulder on it is why the parent 6mm rem won't chamber

I shot my 6mm texan today 115gr bergers at 700yds had a 6 shot group on steel about the size of a small apple really pleased with it have about 8rds down the barrel now

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.