6mm texan

Joejack

Picked up my browning abolt today that I had a bartlin 1-7.5 barrel chambered in 6mm texan shot 35 rounds thru it had a shot 2.5in group at 500yds it turned out great. 115gr bergers are running 3130fps not sure how much it will speed up after barrel is broke in

It is a 6mm rem parent case shoulder set back with a 32 degree shoulder not hard to form at all I was getting 3130 to 3137 fps today fireforming new brass.

This is the 2nd one I have had built both are really good shooters going to try it at 700yds tomorrow. It is really amazing to me how much better the 115 will buck the wind then the 105

Don't know about barrel life I have about 700rds thru one still shooting really good

A small gunsmith here in ks told me he deigned it he even had them for sale on his website but he went out of business in December so I bought a reamer from him.

It's an amazing cartridge barrel not broke in and fire forming his brass he shot on my range and had five shots inside of a three inch circle and that was with some wind issues at 500 yards good gun and shooting on his part. David

I tried to get the 6mm texan on steel at 700yds today didn't have a large enough piece of steel had trouble with the wind steel plate was 12in×20in hope to get to some larger steel next weekend thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.