6mm schneider barrel

dougy

I am looking for someone that can re-bore and re-rifle a Gary Schneider 6mm 1 in 10 twist barrel. I am wanting to re-bore to at least a 7mm but not sure of the twist yet ,originally the barrel was chambered in 6mm mach 4 and has had about 200 rounds down the tube.I talked to Mr. Schneider and he said NO!!!!!!!!!!gun)

I have had a barrel re-bored by Danny Pedersen at Classic Barrel Works. He did a decent job but did not lap it. It fouls pretty bad. Rock Creek said the would lap it for me. I am getting ready to send it to them for lapping. It shoots decent.

I think it makes a difference as to whether or not the barrel was cut rifled or button rifled. I think Schneider barrels ar button pulled and that is a problem for re-boring. It's ok to re-bore a cut rifled barrel but button rifled is a different story.

Danny may have a way of doing a button pulled barrel with good results, I dont know but you may be better off just getting a new barrel. Re-boring is more geared towards expensive barrels such as corbon wrapped barrel (so long as they are cut rifled).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.