Ben Landon

New gun owner here.

I am very happy to be finally joining the ranks of American gun owners! Though, it seems I picked the absolute worst time to do so! (Lol)

I decided to support a local firearms shop here in South Central PA and bought a never fired preowned Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. The rifle is gorgeous and I think I got a fair deal, but I haven't been able to find ANY ammo since I bought the gun 2 months ago! I feel like maybe the owner took advantage of me and sold me a gun that's going out of style with no ammo to be had. Anyway, life goes on.

I think I probably need to invest in reloading equipment in order to eventually get any ammo for it, but everything is sold out and I'm clueless even where to start.

An old timer recommended I post here and ask for help.

Are there ANY stores selling 6mm Remington? Should I just resell the gun and cut my losses? Should I just wait til the next Republican administration? I'm lost and fearful I'm out of luck. I wish I'd bought something else to be honest.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and I'd be extremely grateful for any advice.

Happy hunting (I hope!),

Ben

New gun owner here.

I am very happy to be finally joining the ranks of American gun owners! Though, it seems I picked the absolute worst time to do so! (Lol)

I decided to support a local firearms shop here in South Central PA and bought a never fired preowned Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. The rifle is gorgeous and I think I got a fair deal, but I haven't been able to find ANY ammo since I bought the gun 2 months ago! I feel like maybe the owner took advantage of me and sold me a gun that's going out of style with no ammo to be had. Anyway, life goes on.

I think I probably need to invest in reloading equipment in order to eventually get any ammo for it, but everything is sold out and I'm clueless even where to start.

Are there ANY stores selling 6mm Remington? Should I just resell the gun and cut my losses? Should I just wait til the next Republican administration? I'm lost and fearful I'm out of luck. I wish I'd bought something else to be honest.

Happy hunting (I hope!),

Ben
Does not matter what caliber you bought since there is no ammo available for most all calibers. Reloading will not help you out since you can not buy any components for that either at this time. One option might be to see if you can find anyone in your area that reloads and already has the component's to load you up with some ammo. Best of luck.

New gun owner here.

Happy hunting (I hope!),

Ben
Ben I have 3 boxes of 6mm new primed cases.$85.00 shipped

Charlie

IMG_3992.jpgIMG_3993.jpg

Hang on to that rifle!!!!!!

this current season of shortage will pass, it's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last...might have to wait a while unfortunately. But if you got a good deal on a good looking rem 700 in 6mm Remington I implore you DO NOT SELL THAT GUN just because you can't shoot it right now.
There's tons of us in the gun community that'd help each other out - I'm in Canada and don't shoot a 6mm so I cannot but if someone local to me was in need of something I did have absolutely I'd share and I'm certain there's people like me where youre at. We all gotta have each other's backs in the current political climate and help each other out.
The 6mm rem is an outstandingly well thought out cartridge. Capable of greater accuracy than most, a full power but not at all inefficient 6mm, probably the most useful case capacity for that bore diameter. Long neck, sharper shoulder....it's what the 243 win hopes it can be when it grows up. And I shoot a 243 so this isn't biased supporter drivel. Of course you should feel free to whatever you want, and if you don't want the rifle that's up to you, but speaking as a man who has sold guns and regretted it, none as nice as yours, I think you'd regret this.

Congrats on your rifle.
You're in South Central PA, but up around Quakertown, there are a few gunshops that may have some. It's worth a call.
Do you reload? [edit] correct that, I re-read your OP, and see that you do not.[/edit]

Hang on to that rifle!!!!!!

this current season of shortage will pass, it's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last...might have to wait a while unfortunately. But if you got a good deal on a good looking rem 700 in 6mm Remington I implore you DO NOT SELL THAT GUN just because you can't shoot it right now.
There's tons of us in the gun community that'd help each other out - I'm in Canada and don't shoot a 6mm so I cannot but if someone local to me was in need of something I did have absolutely I'd share and I'm certain there's people like me where youre at. We all gotta have each other's backs in the current political climate and help each other out.
The 6mm rem is an outstandingly well thought out cartridge. Capable of greater accuracy than most, a full power but not at all inefficient 6mm, probably the most useful case capacity for that bore diameter. Long neck, sharper shoulder....it's what the 243 win hopes it can be when it grows up. And I shoot a 243 so this isn't biased supporter drivel. Of course you should feel free to whatever you want, and if you don't want the rifle that's up to you, but speaking as a man who has sold guns and regretted it, none as nice as yours, I think you'd regret this.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

My 6mm Rem 700 is incredibly accurate.
Do you know anyone near you that reloads and can get you started?
There's someone I know that does reload, but he's been very busy lately and unable to have me over. I will reach out to him again and at least try to get a better idea of if he has the specific gear for 6mm Rem. I have primers and could get some bullets online, but I'd need help with powder and shells plus the know how and loading equipment.

I'm in Australia and recently bought a 300RUM and cannot get dies or loaded ammo.
Can't make bullets so can't shoot the rifle.
It is also a Rem 700, albeit a SPS.
Have already changed the stock to a Sendero I had laying around. It will be a switch barrel eventually in 6.5SAUM & 7SAUM.

Cheers.