6mm rem with Nosler 90gr BT

corey006

I have a box of Nosler 90gr BT(hunting) bullets left for my 6mm Reminton.

I was going to use them for deer hunting.

Has anyone used them?

I know they have 95 BT and 95 BST but I want to get rid of these 90's.

Will the deer be able to tell the difference...?

YOu gonna be hunting them big bucks in Canada, or them smaller ones down here in the U.S. of A?? Those 90's should work very well on deer. I would just be worried if a huge buck presented itself up there. I've shot a couple little muley bucks with 25-06 and 85g btips at 3700fps, and they dropped like they were hit with lightning.

Yep,

I hope the BIG one.

I have not went deer hunting in the last 2 seasons.

The last buck I killed was with ARROW.

I have never shot anything with this 6mm and this year I don't have time for sharp stick because I only have 3 days to hunt so I have to make the most of it...

I think the 90's will work fine.

P.S..

I just came back from the range and with 1 of my loads I put 3 shots almost in the same hole at 100 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nosler 90gr BT
Rem Brass
47gr RL-19
Fed 210 Primer
3.020 OAL

The rifle is a Ruger #1 26 inch barrel with Boss CR...the trigger has been done(very light and breaks like a glass rod at about 2 lbs) and forearm has been free floated.

I am going to load up some more but I am going to go with 49 gr of RL-19 for hunting which was still pretty darn accurate.

Next year I am going to explore that 47 gr load some more.

The guy who sold me this rifle said it would shoot 1/2 inch groups at 200 yards with Nosler 55 gr BST's.

Here is the pic...hard to see the 3 bullet holes but they are there...

446143.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
Darn nice group. Good luck on your hunt. Care to share the specs on the rifle?
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what I can all tell you.

It is early 70's Ruger#1B

Factory 26 inch Douglas Barrel(I believe in has 1 in 9 twist)

Boss CR barrel tuner.(no muzzle brake)

Not sure who bedded the fore-end or did the trigger but they obviously did a good job.

I have a Simmons 6x20x44 44 Mag scope on it with Ruger factory rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.