6mm Creedmoor Velocities?

jasonco, I have a 6.5 CM and factory ammo shoots very well. Have not reloaded it. Also, the factory Hornady Black with their 105 HPBT is also super accurate in both my 6s. That's why I put off reloading it! Sooo glad I didn't tarry too long to start!

The 110 SMK are some wind defying slippery projectiles! Was making 100 once fire Starline LR, with 44gr of H4831sc at avg vel of 3052, from the 600yd line in a constant 7-9.5 easterly wind with gusts to 15mph, making hits on the 20" gong, was just point and shoot. It's cold and windy in Eastern Colorado in January! Just wondering how they'll do on antelope/deer is all?
crc600yds6creed110smk.jpg

This is an amazing thread! ALL of you have had what I consider phenomenal results with the 6 CM! Seems no matter what powder you used, results, accuracy, were awesome. However, long distance hunting requires a lot more than just accuracy. Things can go weird on ya past even 300 yards. A heavier bullet than the 6 can go, IMHO, should be used for ethical shots at the ranges some have talked about doing it. If you don't hit a vital organ with a bullet that may not expand at long range; well you know it won't be a good result.

I was thinking, the 6.5 Creedmoor was the easiest and most load tolerant cartridge I had ever reloaded, nope! The 6 Creedmoor is just as tolerant if not more?!
I consider the 6.5 cm very easy to tune. I have no issues tuning one. If I'm testing a new bullet or powder in mine it takes about 12-20 rounds to figure out what it likes. I'm considering a 6cm next time around though.

Creedmoor shooter, you won't be disappointed. I started with the 6.5 too. The 6 recoils less, is flatter shooting and very, very accurate. As you can see from this thread, very easy to load too. Go with a 4 or 5R rifling and 26" tube. The 105 to 115s will work in it. I hear even lighter weights do too. But, I still believe the 6.5 a better hunting round.

Creedmoor shooter, you won't be disappointed. I started with the 6.5 too. The 6 recoils less, is flatter shooting and very, very accurate. As you can see from this thread, very easy to load too. Go with a 4 or 5R rifling and 26" tube. The 105 to 115s will work in it. I hear even lighter weights do too. But, I still believe the 6.5 a better hunting round.
The only reason I went with the 6.5 was because I thought I was going to hunt with it. I do hunt with it still but not as much as I thought. I hunt northern nh and the gun is too heavy to carry most of the time. I did kill a bear with it this past fall. The 6.5 is a killer for sure.

I consider the 6.5 cm very easy to tune. I have no issues tuning one. If I'm testing a new bullet or powder in mine it takes about 12-20 rounds to figure out what it likes. I'm considering a 6cm next time around though.

All 3 of my 6.5's tuned so easy, even a caveman could do it :D

Trying to get my 25 Creedmoor project started, as soon as X-Caliber gets a reamer that is?! I'll probably have to just purchase a reamer for myself.

However, long distance hunting requires a lot more than just accuracy. Things can go weird on ya past even 300 yards. A heavier bullet than the 6 can go, IMHO, should be used for ethical shots at the ranges some have talked about doing it. If you don't hit a vital organ with a bullet that may not expand at long range; well you know it won't be a good result.
I don't think it matters if you use a .22 Hornet or .338LM, you need to hit a vital organ or the CNS.

All 3 of my 6.5's tuned so easy, even a caveman could do it :D

Trying to get my 25 Creedmoor project started, as soon as X-Caliber gets a reamer that is?! I'll probably have to just purchase a reamer for myself.
You'll probably have to purchase the reamer yourself. To early to tell where the 25 cal market is going with the new 131

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.