6mm Creedmoor issue

It looks like carbon in the throat area to me as well. Those marks on the bullet are not indicative of being in the lands.

The creedmoor cartridges are specd with a thighter throat than say a 243. Its not much but its there. They also have a longer freebore section at .2435, to help align the bullets with the bore. This creates two flat surfaces of significant length where any carbon build up is going to be a problem.

I said it was a carbon ring in post #5.

There is no way he has a short factory chamber. In my experience, all factory chambers have excess free bore.

Steve
I disagree with that. I did some handload for a friend's Rem model 7 in .260 and the throat was so short and out of spec it wouldn't chamber any bullets to spec length. It really killed the performance of the cartridge having to load it to such short OAL's.

Get some Bore Tech Carbon Eliminator, soak a patch or a small mop and let it sit in the throat for as long as it takes. Then use a nylon brush with a soaked patch on it.

That or use some CLR and it will only take 15 minutes or less.

Get some Bore Tech Carbon Eliminator, soak a patch or a small mop and let it sit in the throat for as long as it takes. Then use a nylon brush with a soaked patch on it.

That or use some CLR and it will only take 15 minutes or less.
I use wipeout. I've never had an issue with any other caliber or rife using wipeout and my cleaning technique.
Im in agreement with you all now But, still bewildered this would happen after shooting less then 200 over 4 trips to the club (so that's 4 cleanings too).
ive got some Hope's #9 bore cleaner and some Hope's #9 bore snake CLP.

Get a chamber mop and work/soak that chamber with some good quality solvent. You must have a carbon build up. Did it chamber these type rounds before? Also, have you tried chambering the Berger rounds again and see if they continue to chamber ok?
The Berger chamber fine. Maybe a hair tougher cam-ing over the bolt

I use wipeout. I've never had an issue with any other caliber or rife using wipeout and my cleaning technique.
Im in agreement with you all now But, still bewildered this would happen after shooting less then 200 over 4 trips to the club (so that's 4 cleanings too).
ive got some Hope's #9 bore cleaner and some Hope's #9 bore snake CLP.
Some powders burn dirty. Rl-16 is what caused my carbon ring. Excellent powder, just alittle dirty. I used JB bore paste and Kroil to remove my ring.

So I've been reading around all the projectiles that I've fired. Fired boxed Remington 100gr core-lockt and federal match. Then shot some 95gr Barnes XFB now this is the interesting 🤔 thing. These gen one bullets are quite dirty to shoot and not very accurate. I can tell you one thin. These were very accurate. Then I shot nothing but Berger (IIR).
Mostly shot H4350 and Staball 6.5. From what I understand, Staball is a powder similar to CFE for its copper fouling elimination and is a cleaner burning powder. So maybe it was shooting the Barnes or maybe the boxed ammo??

So I've been reading around all the projectiles that I've fired. Fired boxed Remington 100gr core-lockt and federal match. Then shot some 95gr Barnes XFB now this is the interesting 🤔 thing. These gen one bullets are quite dirty to shoot and not very accurate. I can tell you one thin. These were very accurate. Then I shot nothing but Berger (IIR).
Mostly shot H4350 and Staball 6.5. From what I understand, Staball is a powder similar to CFE for its copper fouling elimination and is a cleaner burning powder. So maybe it was shooting the Barnes or maybe the boxed ammo??
Those Berger's may be just off the Carbon build up also and is why they're chambering so much better. The ogive is probably set back a little further. You should measure the ogive variance between the Hornady and the Berger loaded rounds.

Thanks. I was expecting Santa to bring one. Must have missed house thinking I had COVID. You have a link to that?
Thankx again.
Teslong model NTG100, on Amazon. Picture shows rigid model but description is accurate for 36" flexible model. Also have a wifi model if you use IPhone.

Teslong model NTG100, on Amazon. Picture shows rigid model but description is accurate for 36" flexible model. Also have a wifi model if you use IPhone.
Yeah just looked. I'm in Canada and it's pricey to ship to me. Plus with COVID likely wouldn't get TIL Christmas. I'll try to find a comparable on Amazon.ca.
Definitely a carbon build up (I think lol) softer using what I have it has improved; just tried the 87vmax..scratching isn't as bad. FML. I guess I'm in the carbon ring club and I darn well don't like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.