6MM Creedmoor Dead?

That sounds fun. I converted from a standard .243 to a .243AI. Huge improvement. Using RL23 and 108EH I'm getting a little over 3100fps in a 26" 8 twist Brux. ES is 9. I think the 6mm Creed is similar in configuration but a little less case capacity. I'd make one if it wasn't for this .243AI
Question- Is the big difference between the 6 Creed and a 243 AI the fact that the creed is setup to shoot the long / heavy's? Or does the AI, as a standard, have a throat and twist rate for the long / heavy's as well?

Question- Is the big difference between the 6 Creed and a 243 AI the fact that the creed is setup to shoot the long / heavy's? Or does the AI, as a standard, have a throat and twist rate for the long / heavy's as well?
The Creedmoors have a longer neck but COAL is 1.920"

The 243 A.I. 40* COAL is 2.045", i think.
All of my stuff is packed up so I don't have my main notes, just one book.

So yes to your first ?

Throat and twist have nothing to do with it when it comes to the 243 A.I., it is a wildcat cartridge that people will have throated per their own build specs for the cartridges intended purpose.

Hope I explained it right and it makes sense

I killed a muskrat one time with a .22lr while he was underwater. The bullet never touched him. I found the bullet laying on the creek bed right under him in about 18" of water. Skinned it carefully, no holes of any kind. The bullet was whole when I found it, deformed a little by the water, but not fragmented.
Don't doubt that at all due to the shockwave it produced entering the water. That's similar to how hydrostatic shock is generated with bullet passing through the bod, just in this case it's a body of water.

So yes to your first ?

Throat and twist have nothing to do with it when it comes to the 243 A.I., it is a wildcat cartridge that people will have throated per their own build specs for the cartridges intended purpose.

You did.

The biggest difference is the twist rate on factory rifles. .243's generally had a slow twist as they were intended for shooting just 70-100gr bullets for the most part and don't as a rule come with a throat adequate for VLD's.

Now a custom .243 is going to be whatever the owner wants.

So yes to your first ?

WYOHTF thank you very much for the clarification. So maybe the biggest difference is that the Creed is SAAMI'd for the long/heavy's and the 243AI isn't since its still a wildcat.

WYOHTF thank you very much for the clarification. So maybe the biggest difference is that the Creed is SAAMI'd for the long/heavy's and the 243AI isn't since its still a wildcat.
You can still build a throated 243 a.i. and had the twist ya want for the bullets ya want to run

Just know that a short action may inhibit magazine feed.

The best thing to do is pick a bullet ya want to run and figure out if it will fit in the magazine if the bullet is seated no further than the case-shoulder junction.

If that does not work then in this case the 6mm Creed would be a better choice if magazine fed.

Everybody needs to contact brass manufacturers hitting them up for 6mm Remington brass in a good quality wether you own one or not it's to good a cartridge to let fall off the face of the earth I've been getting ahold of them but need more voices than just one. David
Who have you contacted? I think Norma used to make 6mm Remington brass. I have a 6mm Remington and have some old Remington brass from the 70's and the rat is new Winchester and Hornady. It would be nice if Norma or Lapua would start making some brass for it. It's a helluva cartridge.

Who have you contacted? I think Norma used to make 6mm Remington brass. I have a 6mm Remington and have some old Remington brass from the 70's and the rat is new Winchester and Hornady. It would be nice if Norma or Lapua would start making some brass for it. It's a helluva cartridge.
6mm Rem and 243 Win -Great cartridges!

Remington still makes 6mm brass but I think they only do one or two limited runs each year. Hornady used to but I haven't noticed any of it in several years.

I toyed quite a bit with the ide of wither doing a 6.5 Rem Mag or 6mm Rem for my now Ex wife because she was very petite. She finally decided she could handle the .260 Rem just fine so I never quite pulled the trigger on either.

Remington still makes 6mm brass but I think they only do one or two limited runs each year. Hornady used to but I haven't noticed any of it in several years.

I toyed quite a bit with the ide of wither doing a 6.5 Rem Mag or 6mm Rem for my now Ex wife because she was very petite. She finally decided she could handle the .260 Rem just fine so I never quite pulled the trigger on either.
The Cabelas by me had Hornady 6mm Remington brass last summer.

Demand seems to be non-existent. I spent most of last year trying to sell some some once-fired Hornady and Gunwerks 6mm Creedmoor brass for a friend. I had the price way down to about 25% of new. Zero interest. I ended up giving him 20 cents each just to have some around in case I ever have a 6mm CM rifle.

Demand seems to be non-existent. I spent most of last year trying to sell some some once-fired Hornady and Gunwerks 6mm Creedmoor brass for a friend. I had the price way down to about 25% of new. Zero interest. I ended up giving him 20 cents each just to have some around in case I ever have a 6mm CM rifle.
Don't worry, sooner or later someone will win some sort of LR shooting competition with one and it'll be the hottest and hardest to get new miracle cartridge the market has seen since the birth of the 6.5CM.

I
just purchased some Hornady 6mm Remington brass I have contacted peterson starline alpha and one more can't remember who that was they all said not interested at this point in time. David

Been waiting for Privi to stick some shelves too
Not holding my breath but have read that newer Hornady brass is much better.