6mm creedmoor - 108gr eldm

I m shooting 108 Eldm at 2980 fps out of a 24" 6CM. I m running a couple grs under book max with imr4831. Could push it up to 3050-3075 fps range but what's point? Just harder on barrel and my brass.

At 2980 it does fine to 800+ yds on chucks.

There isn't enough advantage over the 6mm arc to justify my most recent ideas it seems. And, a 6mm arc barrel life is 5krds plus, and the 6creed is a whopping 80fps more for a barrel life of <1000 rds.

Anybody wanna buy a 6creed or two?

There isn't enough advantage over the 6mm arc to justify my most recent ideas it seems. And, a 6mm arc barrel life is 5krds plus, and the 6creed is a whopping 80fps more for a barrel life of <1000 rds.

Anybody wanna buy a 6creed or two?
I dont think the 6 creed barrel life is less than 1000 rounds. Maybe if your pushing 105s at 3200+ and shooting it hot. One of my barrels has 700 rounds on it and there hasn't been that much erosion. Throat area still looks great. Should easily get another 700 anyway. And that's 700 rounds of PRS shooting.

Here is the Hornady reloading table straight from their website:

1656598952348.png

NOTE: This data is recommended for bolt action rifles only as stated above at the bottom of the chart.

There will always be some discrepancies between recorded velocities based on all the variations which affect the final number. You can have two barrels made exactly the same way, by the same manufacturer on the same day, show a slight deviation from one another. Manufacturers routinely print loads which appear to significantly underpowered due to the effects of the liability lawyers. Arguing about the difference of 10 or 20 FPS in comparable rifles and the same cartridges is useless and a waste of time.

Go about your testing to establish your data base. Keep a small notebook recording all the data for testing so you can compare when you have to change components.

Enjoy the process!

:)

Here is the Hornady reloading table straight from their website:

View attachment 375414
NOTE: This data is recommended for bolt action rifles only as stated above at the bottom of the chart.

There will always be some discrepancies between recorded velocities based on all the variations which affect the final number. You can have two barrels made exactly the same way, by the same manufacturer on the same day, show a slight deviation from one another. Manufacturers routinely print loads which appear to significantly underpowered due to the effects of the liability lawyers. Arguing about the difference of 10 or 20 FPS in comparable rifles and the same cartridges is useless and a waste of time.

Go about your testing to establish your data base. Keep a small notebook recording all the data for testing so you can compare when you have to change components.

Enjoy the process!

I'm not sure what you are trying to establish with this post. If you are talking about my posts about speeds in my 6arc, then that is basically exactly in line with what I've described. I get 2790 with factory 108 eld-m loads at about 70°.

Reading is fundamental. Learning how words interrelate from author to author is just as important. I try to write as simply and clearly as possible to avoid misinterpretations such as your.

There is no need for paranoia when I write, I was not picking on you or your posts. But there was some discussion about velocities and variations so I posted the factory suggested loads to give folks a basis for comparison. The factory is a 24" barrel though...;) The variations I wrote about are typical of discussions about cartridge/bullet and barrel lengths.

Enjoy the process!

Well, what you failed to mention, and it is an important point, is that there are two different sections for the 6mm arc in that hornady reloading manual. One is for gas guns with a lower max pressure, and the velocities are measured from an 18" barrel if my memory serves. The page you posted is with the higher pressures handled by a bolt action rifle. That distinction is very important, since it is the only time I've ever seen the split. I am still unclear on your point though. Maybe you weren't making one. I am not paranoid, but I was the person who kept bringing up the 6mm arc comparison, so naturally, I assume you were responding somehow to what I had been discussing. I think the point is that the difference in 6arc and 6 creed is just silly. Well under 100fps when all things are equal. It shows how well the 6arc is designed. It is a remarkable cartridge.

Believe as you see fit. Obviously your reading and comprehension skills need polishing. You make this clear.

Reprimanding me for your lack is ridiculous.

I'm finished here as there is nothing left to salvage for continuing with this thread.

Adios amigo!

:(

Hey, there's that paranoia you were worried about.

Well, take your feelings and go. When did men get so sensitive?