6mm creed or 6.5 creed?

If you are doing PRS or any competition, you will go through barrels. Just the cost of the sport. The pro there in my mind is every time you change barrels, you can change calibers as well. So try one, then switch to the flavor of the month. I've heard there is an advantage to use what's most common if you can get DOPE from others before you shoot. Of the two, I would shoot the 6 creed.

Well I thought it was fixed. I shot it yesterday and had some pretty terrible results. If you look at 45.5 of rl-26 it shot that one really tight group then I loaded 4 more and shot the 4 below it. Looks like 40.5 of rl-16 is the only thing that has some kind of consistency. At this point I'm thinking I'm going to just order a new barrel. I dont want to keep throwing money at this one. Unless someone else has an idea?

Attachments

• 20190815_181654.jpg
    20190815_181654.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 92
Let's see, is the stock bedded? I think you said you checked rings and bases? What type of a scope is it. You may have answered these questions if you did I will look back and see.

Let's see, is the stock bedded? I think you said you checked rings and bases? What type of a scope is it. You may have answered these questions if you did I will look back and see.
The stock isnt bedded. Its sitting on an aluminum bed block and the smith said he saw nothing wrong there and I had very good contact. Action screws set to 60in lbs. Rings and bases all tight. Scooe is a vortex ps-t gen 2 5-25. I had sent that scope in for repair and they sent me a new one. I double checked it with a swfa and it was the same.

The stock isnt bedded. Its sitting on an aluminum bed block and the smith said he saw nothing wrong there and I had very good contact. Action screws set to 60in lbs. Rings and bases all tight. Scooe is a vortex ps-t gen 2 5-25. I had sent that scope in for repair and they sent me a new one. I double checked it with a swfa and it was the same.
Man I am not sure what the story is. Good luck with the new barrel.

Well that's too bad! For what its worth I own a 260. Rem and a 6mm creed. I've shot my best group at distance with my 260. Rem but I prefer the 6mm creed. It's more enjoyable to shoot, less recoil, faster and god **** it shoots well at 100 and 200 (best groups at closer range from the 6mm). Tomorrow will be my first time stretching the legs on the 6mm creed and can't wait to see how she does!!

When I got my 260 rem built, for the life of me I couldn't get it to shoot! I pulled my scope from a 300. Win mag and dropped it on the 260. Rem. I tried everything and finally sent it back to the smiths. The smiths pulled my scope and was shooting in the .3's and .4's without any load development. They returned it and told me it was rings, base or optic. Base was a pinned 20 moa that they had installed, scope is a nightforce nxs so didnt want to replace it until I was sure. I purchased a new set of rings and turns out over 1500 rds of 300 win mag something in the ring got screwed up. With the new rings on the rifle I got it shooting like I knew it should!

Regardless I hope you enjoy the new caliber! I know I sure love that 6mm creed

Well that's too bad! For what its worth I own a 260. Rem and a 6mm creed. I've shot my best group at distance with my 260. Rem but I prefer the 6mm creed. It's more enjoyable to shoot, less recoil, faster and god *Rule 4 Violation* it shoots well at 100 and 200 (best groups at closer range from the 6mm). Tomorrow will be my first time stretching the legs on the 6mm creed and can't wait to see how she does!!

When I got my 260 rem built, for the life of me I couldn't get it to shoot! I pulled my scope from a 300. Win mag and dropped it on the 260. Rem. I tried everything and finally sent it back to the smiths. The smiths pulled my scope and was shooting in the .3's and .4's without any load development. They returned it and told me it was rings, base or optic. Base was a pinned 20 moa that they had installed, scope is a nightforce nxs so didnt want to replace it until I was sure. I purchased a new set of rings and turns out over 1500 rds of 300 win mag something in the ring got screwed up. With the new rings on the rifle I got it shooting like I knew it should!

Regardless I hope you enjoy the new caliber! I know I sure love that 6mm creed
I havent tried changing rings. I could try that I guess

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.