6mm creed or 6.5 creed?

Yes, it would be interesting to know whatz up.

I had my new to me Remmy BDL re-barreled since the last 2 1/2" of the pipe look like it went through a battle in the rocks and trees,,, I checked everything many times and tried endless boolti combinations to get it to shoot...

The booltiz were all over the map,,, Ha.

Any Who I had my friend do the full work over on it, and it ended up being a bent firing pin,,, bent in the internals were the spring pushes on the firing pin head,,, the crown on the barrel wasn't in the best of condition either,,, the bent firing pin was some times jamming up causing it to strike the primer as different speeds...

Of course this was in the mix of my rifle and what was going on...

Whoda Thunk that something like that could cause boolitz to fly in different directions...

Sometimes the 3 and 5 shot groups would pin hole,,, other times they would plant into a 4" to 5" spread... LOL

New barrel,,, trigger and full bolt work over as it shoots pin holes once again...

All good as stranger things happen that can catch anyone off guard...

If it doesn't shoot make the barrel switch to a 6mm, you with not regret it. I have one 6.5 Creedmoor left and its on its way out of my life. Went to 6.5 PRC from 6.5x284 and its what the Creedmoor should have been. I also love the 22 Creedmoor!
I'll probably catch grief from the Creedmoor folks here.

Well doesnt look like I'll have to switch. I think the issue was headspace. Got it back from the smith, bought a box of factory ammo just for giggles and came up with this. Middle group I had a poi change after the first shot which I think was the barrel settling after being cleaned then put together the 10 shot group you see up top
20190801_171021.jpg

Well doesnt look like I'll have to switch. I think the issue was headspace. Got it back from the smith, bought a box of factory ammo just for giggles and came up with this. Middle group I had a poi change after the first shot which I think was the barrel settling after being cleaned then put together the 10 shot group you see up topView attachment 143554
Glad that helped man. I assumed that was the issue and I am glad it helped man.

Its all good man, sometimes we just overlook the simple answers. Glad its working for you.

The 6.5 creed is a great round d no denying. I just feel in the creed case it's better suited for 6mm.

I have to agree...I am pushing 115 Bergers over 3100fps (26" barrel) and having a blast doing it...it is a fun cartridge...I do not even own a 6.5 Creedmoor. This is why you buy a rifle with a barrel nut...

I have to agree...I am pushing 115 Bergers over 3100fps (26" barrel) and having a blast doing it...it is a fun cartridge...I do not even own a 6.5 Creedmoor. This is why you buy a rifle with a barrel nut...
Same here man. If you don't like it buy a prefit or have a smith spin you a new one and et voila its a new rifle.

I'm just not sure it's worth switching for me anyways. In prs the distances are known so realistically I'm not sure how a flatter trajectory is an advantage. Recoil from what I've heard is about the same if the rifles are both braked. Then it boils down to wind drift which in most cases the 6.5 has the advantage with the exception of a bullet like the 110 smk. We'll see how my first few matches go. I'm hoping to start my first match September 7th then I'll have time until next year before I start to get more matches under my belt. After that hopefully I'll have an idea of what I really need. Being halfway through my barrel life already I'll need to think about ordering a barrel next year

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts