6mm cm using 109 Berger.

It's a hard hitting bullet under 600 yds and most have no business ethically of trying any longer shots unless they shoot at longer ranges regularly. And yes I did just open that can of worms. Lol
Well this is the long range hunting forum so no to the above, take that nonsense over to hammer time.
Also the 109 berger and 108 eld-m is as "hard hitting" a bullet as you could ever want In 6mm. Plus if you want to bring ethics Into it- it's more ethical to shoot a bullet with an accurate bc that works at the widest range of velocities

I shot a lot of them at 2993 in PRS type shooting. They wouldn't be my choice as a hunting bullet. I would pick the ELDM over the LRHT as it's a known good hunting round. I have several buddies that didn't have good luck with 105 hybrids and 6.5 130 hybrids on deer because they penciled through and they won't use them again. They are die hard Berger fans and won't use them again, they went to Berger hunting bullets.

I've used 3 different Berger Hybrids hunting and all have performed flawlessly. Some say they explode and others say they pencil. I've had neither these experiences. Now, I've had some not exit but they still did the job as expected. I've also had fantastic results with the Hornady Amax and ELDM. Now I've made a few poor shots and had very small exit wounds but not because of poor bullet performance, it's because of poor shot placement.

Well this is the long range hunting forum so no to the above, take that nonsense over to hammer time.
Also the 109 berger and 108 eld-m is as "hard hitting" a bullet as you could ever want In 6mm. Plus if you want to bring ethics Into it- it's more ethical to shoot a bullet with an accurate bc that works at the widest range of velocities
I knew this would bring out the fighters, hang in there cupcake and save all those Crayons for coloring instead of eating them. Its called Bullet placement. And nothing ever replaces that. Just my $.02, Just as you have an opinion and I did not crap all over you till now.

I appreciate all input guys thank you for your knowledge. This will be my first 6mm and just want a lightweight low recoil that the wife and I can both use. This seems to fit that niche and gave me enough reason to buy another rifle haha. I have 109s on the way 500 count. If I find some hunters I may pick em up too and test both. Thanks again everyone.

I appreciate all input guys thank you for your knowledge. This will be my first 6mm and just want a lightweight low recoil that the wife and I can both use. This seems to fit that niche and gave me enough reason to buy another rifle haha. I have 109s on the way 500 count. If I find some hunters I may pick em up too and test both. Thanks again everyone.
Load your 109 Hybrid .025 off of touch and you'll be money. I think I was the first person to kill a whitetail with the 109 Hybrid Target as I got a batch of them before they were released, for testing purposes. I've had excellent results with them and I wasn't driving them very hard at all. The Creedmoor will be capable of 3075fps with the 109 and I was shooting them at 2930fps. Both of the deer I shot were DRT. One was a 130" 8 point 200 lb deer at 249 yards and the other was a 140 lb doe at 465 yards.

Looking to build a 6mm cm using 109 Berger lrht anyone used these pro vs cons. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
I know a PRS shooter that wins a lot using the Berger 109s in a 6BR with Varget.
Berger Hybrid 105s are still the "GO TO" for competition shooting.

I shoot 109s in prs and it's an awesome bullet out of my 6 creeds. G7 is usually .303-.306. However I've always been leary about actually hunting with them. They are a pointed bullet and the meplat is pretty small. If I was going to use them I'd open up the tips. I've shot a couple woodchucks with them but that's it. I personally would use the 108 eld-m over the 109 for hunting. The eld-m is the best killing bullet I've tried so far.

Recent Posts