6mm br velocities

Kevin

Could someone please tell me what kind of velocities you are getting with 105-7gr bullets, and at what barrel length. How much difference would there be between a 26in barrel vs. 30inch.

i have shot several different setups in 6br.,right now in my 28" 1-8 twist im getting around 2900fps with 105g bullets-no moly,with the 95g bergers im getting around 3050fps-no moly,both loads are "warm" but by no means way over pressure,if u have any more questions send me a email,my-2-dave

one more thing-as usual u will see higher velocities with less pressure in the longer tubes,but i have shot 26" tubes for 1000yd. shooting with no problems.i also get around 2900 with 107mk-dave

Thanks Dave,

I have an action to rebarrel and was just trying to decide on the chamber. I'm not sure that the added 3-400fps of the faster 6's is really that necessary.

Mainly just target and gophers, may take a deer or antelope though. I guess I was aiming at haveing enough left over at around half a mile to still kill deer effectively. Most of my shooting is in the 5-700 yard range, since I have to drive farther than I want too to get to a longer range. It seems that the 6br may be just the ticket.

How about a nice compromise cartridge. The 6 Dasher reportedly shoots as accurately as the 6BR but has a few hundred ft/sec faster muzzle velocity. Much less powder than any of the bif 6's.
Mike Bryant has been building rifles in this cartridge.
Just a thought.

VH,
Good thought, looks like there are a few different improved versions of the 6 br. I'll probably go with one of those. Going custom is just too much fun
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.