6mm BR by MCR

Kevin Cram

I recently finished up a handful of rifles I'll be posting in the next few weeks. Here's the first one and it's specs

Savage Target Action
Fully Blueprinted and NO NUT
Holland Recoil Lug
PTG custom spiral ground fluted bolt
Firing pin bushed to .062"
Brux Barrel / 6mm / 1-8 Twist / #10 Contour / Finished at 27 1/2"
Rifle Basix SAV2 Trigger set @ 1 lbs.
Manners MCS-T4 stock with molded in Midnight Camo
Pillar Bedded

Should be a hell of a tac driver for varmints
Hope you all enjoy

BrandonTaylor6mmBR1.jpg

BrandonTaylor6mmBR2.jpg

BrandonTaylor6mmBR3.jpg

BrandonTaylor6mmBR4.jpg

just wondering and always looking to learn ...why no barrel nut.i have never seen that .

Well 2 reasons.

1.) Why not :D

2.) I blueprinted the rifle and oversized the threads by about .020". I transfer the larger thread diameter to the barrel for a perfect fit. With the barrel nut I can't re-cut the threads true and the nut would be too small to fit on the barrel. It won't be a switch barrel rifle so going nutless makes the rifle look cleaner.

I've seen this and a few other methods before. I only meant that the customer had no plans of switching barrels around. Any rifle can be a switch barrel. What I meant was when I blueprint the action I oversize the action threads. The amount of oversize needs to be transferred to the barrel tennon diameter. If someone wanted to they could have several barrels cut to this size, threaded and chambered then easily switch barrels out. With oversizing the action threads and no barrel nut, a switch barrel using a pre-threaded, pre-chambered barrel would not be usable.

I also understand the customer had some good results with this rifle. .312" @ 200 yards and another bug hole group to match it.

Larry trued my action also, and the threads are .008-.010 over, all 4 barrels that I had him make for it fit and function perfect, I know that some factory produced barrel will not fit correct.

I started with a 112BTS (for those who don't know, it's a Long Action Single Shot late 90's production Targt Rifle, first version Target/Competition action) that he also has fit 3 bolts for, 1-Mag. (Factory .300 Win. Mag.)), 1-med(..308 case Family) and 1-Small for .223 Rem.

I've won local Club Titles, a State Championship and set a National Record with it, think he knows his stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.