6mm Blues

Well, I'm an idjit. I saw where it said "6mmRem," and you know, I thought it was a 6mm Remington 700....

One more clamping issue with the Mausers: There might be round cylinders of metal around the screws that go up from the triggerguard toward the bottom of the receiver and the recoil lug. If they touch the bottom of the receiver, then when you tighten the screws all you are doing is tightening the triggerguard into the receiver without ever grabbing the stock. The solution is to grind off the tops of the cylinders until they don't touch the receiver.

Bed the whole receiver, with a pad of epoxy in front of the recoil lug, relieve under the bottom of the recoil lug so the screw clamps the whole receiver instead of just tbe bottom of the recoil lug, and if it doesn't shoot, I'm gonna start pulling my hair out....

Hi SDS, well im taking the rifle back to him on sunday and explane the situation, then he can decide if he and myself will fix it or he may want to take it back to Tim (the builder) and give him a chance to fix it its his choice. If I do it I will keep you informed and if your advice helps I will sign you up to hair Club for Men maybe I can get a group rate
wink.gif
Anyway thanks a lot for all the help.
Tom

Semper-Fi

Hey just to let everyone know, I removed the bedding from the barrel channel yesterday except far the first 1" from the reciver, YeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa! the thing shot a .512 5 shot group with remington factory ammo. So to the loading bench we go. Thanks for all the great scoop and Jerry the owner said thanks too
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tom

Semper-Fi

Hot dawg, I get to keep my hair a little longer (not much longer; the drain gets most of it).

Thanks for reporting back. I'd rather be wrong and know it than never know what happened. 1/4 MOA (maybe less) coming up!

Hey SDS, I hope to let you the final scoop tomarrow. We are going to spend the day on the bench with some new loads for it and im trying some 25-06 loads that HOLMES gave REMINGTON MAN 25-06 last week, anyway I will let you know what happens.
Tom

Semper-Fi

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.