6mm Berger 69 grain bullet

If you are talking about the Berger High BC flat base bullet that used to be called the Low Drag flat base I have used them but not in a 243 win. I have used them in a Ruger VT in 6PPC. The rifle has a twist of 1in12 which is recommended by berger for these bullets. I have used them on grounds hogs from 10 feet to 500 yards. Mine are moly coated and I was running them at about 3200fps from my rifle. On the ground hogs I took the time to look at the terminal effects where outstanding. My bullets are from the older lots(match bullets) before they where classified/manufactured with a larger hollow point opening and called varmint bullets. I had to load these one at a time because the short fat PPC casing and these long pointy bullets would not reliably cycle from the magazine. I was able to get sub 1/2 inch groups at 200 yards with this bullet/rifle combo. I know this isnt a true answer for you but since I got great terminal effects from a PPC the 243 win should produce much better terminal effect.

Andrew

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.