6mm ARC

I going to build an AR upper in 6mm acr but I want a bolt rifle also. I will only use it for PA White Tail so I will be looking for a 16" threaded barreled rifle.

I think my AR may be a long barreled upper. Our range in New Holland Pa goes out to 700 yards.

I have already got 50 rounds 6mm ARC cases sized and loaded (made some brass out of 6.5 Grendel cases).

Patiently waiting on my barrel...no idea when it will be delivered!?!?!?!?

Going with the longest barrel available, 24" Ballistic Advantage SS barrel. Plan is to just use it for pleasure shooting of steel at longer ranges...the range I visit a couple times a month goes out to 600 yards...but I would like to shoot it further.

40 95gr Nosler BT's and 20 107gr Sierra Match Kings...modest loads with 8208 to fire form the cases and do a little barrel break in.

20200709_182826[1].jpg

Last edited:
Please keep us posted on your build with range reports.

I have a Spikes AR lower I built many years ago and it needs an Upper. I am thing about building a 24" 6mm ARC Upper using a Colt Upper. The barrel will be heavy and must be threaded so I can mount my OSS 762 Ti suppressor.

Next will be a bolt gun build for PA White Tail.

Man! You're killing me with these videos!

Still no clue when my barrel will be ready! I wish I could say I'm patiently waiting...but that would be a lie!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.