6mm ARC Upper Build

For those of you that have the 6mm arc platform. Do you suggest a 20moa scope mount? What is everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks
depends on how far you're expecting to shoot. if only out to 500, 600, then might not be worthwhile, you're not going to run out of elevation adjustment on your scope. if out to 1,000 or more, then probably worthwhile.

it's may be worthwhile when you have to start dialing in the teens (mrads) for your elevation. JMHO.

20MOA is 5.8 mrads.

For those of you that have the 6mm arc platform. Do you suggest a 20moa scope mount? What is everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks
With a larger Variable scope like the 4-20 you mentioned, there is really no reason not to. Can't really think of any disadvantages to a 20 MOA mount. Barrel clearance on an AR will be no problem. The only time I don't use them is for LPVOs because it can put the barrel in the FOV at
1 Power. Not a problem 2 Power and up.

What mags have people had good luck with? Any other build tips? I'm about to purchase a 18" barrel and a Coda carbon fiber handguard. Goal is to make a lightweight mountain semi-auto.

Last edited:
Wait time on the barrel? It was some shenanigans with Bartline and my daughter. I had different plans for a bolt gun and they went down this rabbit hole. I think it took about 4 months to get the barrel and chamber work done. It is the "new" mod400 steel so they are claiming at least double the barrel life so we will see.

It is 24" in length and has a rifle +2" gas system.
The rifle will shoot. With Factory 108gr ELDM here is a 10 shot group at 100 yards. This is a typical group and it will shoot handloads either the 108 ELDM or Berger 108 just as well if not better. This is just pulling the trigger and going, no waiting between shots.

View attachment 415588

****! Your 15 yr old daughter is phenomenal.

What mags have people had good luck with? Any other build tips? I'm about to purchase a 18" barrel and a Coda carbon fiber handguard. Goal is to make a lightweight mountain semi-auto.
I've been using ASC 6ARC mags in mine. Mostly using the 15rd but some with the 4rd. I have had no issues that were mag related.

I have both E-Lander and ASC Mags. The 10 and 25 Rd ASC Mags have worked great for me as well as the 10 and 17 Rd E Landers. If you want the Mid length (15-17 Rd) mags, Go with the E lander as they have the proper curve to them, where as the ASC 15 rounders are straight and I have heard of issues with them. The ASC mags do allow longer COAL at 2.295 or so vs 2.27 with the E landers. Not sure if that is an issue with the ARC, but in my 6mm Grendel, VLD Style 95s and 105s are typically between 2.275 and 2.30 on the lands. I haven't used 108 ELDM or 103 ELDX, but I would assume Hornady designed the ARC chamber around those bullets at 2.26 or so so they probably work fine in the E Lander mags.

By the way, you will love that Coda Carbon fiber handguard. By far my favorite AR Handguard.