6mm ARC Upper Build

I don't want to hijack the thread, but has anyone found slower twist ARC Barrels? I would like to try to build one that can fire the lighter varmint bullets reliably.
Probably need a custom job! Several custom barrel peeps are chambering for 6arc. BYOB at an online maker as you will.

FInally found some Hornady Boxed ammo 108 ELD-M. Advertised velocity 2750. My average 2511. Underwhelming. Running 24" 1:7TR.
0FFAF650-67E7-45C5-A1E8-C4FF30D50B88.jpeg

My friends and I have settled in on using a heavier, thick walled upper made by CMT Tactical.

https://www.cmttac.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=125

We have come to the conclusion that it is stiffer that most (if not all) of the other uppers currently offered on the market, and it was recommended to us by the armorer of the US Army's match shooting team. (This is the guy building the rifles for the shooters). So that was good enough for me!

I am thinking about building an upper for coyote hunting and am looking for a top-grade upper reciever. I was told to look for one that has a larger opening in the ejection port. Any suggestions about specific one for ARC or port size recommendations? TIA
I am working on the same. Right now I'm using a vltor mur upper and 18" proof barrel.

They had about 200 rounds of the hornady match ammo at cabelas yesterday so I bought all of it. Playing with the round and that upper I don't see any problems and it's a pretty standard opening.

We'll see once the rifle goes together I guess.

My arc upper has a weird handle on it .
Had this thing sitting here for nearly a year now and haven't fired a shot out of it.
I have 400 rounds of hornady match ammo and a box of 99gr hammers to load .
I'm gonna take my daughter for a range day at one of Ga dnr ranges next weekend and break the barrel in, get some velocities on the match ammo , and make some once fired brass for those hammers .
Its gonna be interesting to see how the arc responds to loads made up for the bolt action upper .

Last edited:
I have a complete lower from Aero. I'm very interested in 6mm ARC. Probably 20 to 22 inch barrel. Any suggestions on a complete upper?

Recent Posts