6mm arc barrel

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

Ok folks, I'm building a 6mm arc on an ar15 platform. It is decided, not debatable. My intention is to maximize the efficacy of the cartridge. Does anyone have any ideas on barrel length and m.v., and twist rate? Also, barrel manufacturer recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

I built an 18" upper with a stainless proof barrel. It has shot very well with factory Hornady. I left a little mv on the table, but it is suppressed and I appreciate the weight savings. If I built another, it would be 16".
What sort of m.v. are you getting out of that 18" barrel? Thank you for your reply

I forgot that I made this post, but I finished assembling it, went with a 22" er shaw barrel and at 46°, I was averging 2,690fps. I cannot believe how accurate it is. My groups from the first shots during zeroing have all been under an inch. I'm getting groups from .5 to .9, and I'm definitely not the best shooter on this forum, so who knows what it is capable of in better hands, and that is all with factory ammo..

Attachments

• 20210122_210924.jpg
    20210122_210924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
  • 20210122_210947.jpg
    20210122_210947.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 448
I forgot that I made this post, but I finished assembling it, went with a 22" er shaw barrel and at 46°, I was averging 2,690fps. I cannot believe how accurate it is. My groups from the first shots during zeroing have all been under an inch. I'm getting groups from .5 to .9, and I'm definitely not the best shooter on this forum, so who knows what it is capable of in better hands, and that is all with factory ammo..
What was your break in procedure? I also ordered a Shaw.

What was your break in procedure? I also ordered a Shaw.
Man, I'm one of those guys who think break in with a quality barrel is unnecessary. I did nothing but shoot it and keep it cool. It is a consistent .5moa now after 120 rounds.

What kind of stock are you using here?

What kind of stock are you using here?
That was a fab defense, not sure the model. I actually recently switched it out with a carbine length buffer tube and slapped on the daniel defense stock. I bought one for another project and liked it so much that I bought a few more.

I have an 18 inch oden works with rifle +1 Gas

. Thing shoots dead nuts. Very impressed with factory ammo. The barrel came with a gas tube and adjustable gas block. Have not clocked the mv but I sure wouldn't want to get hit in the chest at 300 yards with it.

Recent Posts