6mm AI Action length.

Centre Punch

HI All,
I am considering building a 6mm AI on my Rem 700 243 Std action. My question is will the 6mm AI loaded with 107 grainers fit my action, i am not concerned with magazine fit as it will be a single shot. I have searched many forums and looked at quite a few web sites but no one seems to give a definate answer. Alternatively would i be at any major disadvantage with a 243 AI out to 1000yrds. any advice would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Centre Punch.

The .243 AI is great round a couple of friends have them and they shoot great.The 6/284 is another cartridge that will work in the short action.

Centre

The short action 700 was factory made in 244 Rem. It will work as long as the loaded ammo does not exceed factory length. Using the long 107 grain bullets seated out where they belong you will have to single feed and remove the bolt to eject a loaded round.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.