6mm 108 Berger Hunter terminal & accuracy feedback

There's only 7gr difference in bullet weight, the 108 has the same BC and it's a hybrid ogive. It also works much better in an 8 twist and doesn't require a 7 or 7.5 like the 115s. Nothing wrong with the 115gr VLDs, I just think the 108 Elite Hunter is a better bullet option now.

There's only 7gr difference in bullet weight, the 108 has the same BC and it's a hybrid ogive. It also works much better in an 8 twist and doesn't require a 7 or 7.5 like the 115s. Nothing wrong with the 115gr VLDs, I just think the 108 Elite Hunter is a better bullet option now.

I totally agree, Should be less pressure to drive it the same speed as the 115 with ballistics being matched. And hopefully less finicky about seating depth.

I'm excited to try these Berger Elite Hunters in my new Rem 700PCR Enhanced in 6mmCM. If their anything like the 140's out of my Sako finnlight in 6.5CM I'll be one happy Hunter. I'm waiting on my triggertech special and bullet supply. So far I'm really impressed with the Berger 90gr target.

Have you shot deer with the 115s? Do you get exits sometimes, always, or rarely?
I always get exits with the 115. Even at at 800 yards on mule deer. One big cow elk shot thru the lungs at 150 yards made 2 holes. Did a 30 yard death run and piled up . 6 creed running them 3100. Would like to try that 108 in my 8 twist twist and see what kind of velocity and accuracy it gets . Like trying out new things !!

I always get exits with the 115. Even at at 800 yards on mule deer. One big cow elk shot thru the lungs at 150 yards made 2 holes. Did a 30 yard death run and piled up . 6 creed running them 3100. Would like to try that 108 in my 8 twist twist and see what kind of velocity and accuracy it gets . Like trying out new things !!
Speaking of trying new. I tried some new old stock Barnes XFB (Supplies very hard to come by these days). I'd read that they wouldn't shoot well out of the 6CM..WRONG-OH. best 3 shot group with this new rifle @ .245 MOA IIR. With Varget powder CCI BR & Peterson brass. Scary that this might improve with a better trigger and a better scope (currently using a Nikon Black X1000 4-16x.