6mm-06

pjracer

what are you thoughts on this wildcat. I found a hs precicsion stock trued rem 700 action krieger 28" barrel. on the side has the caliber and kriger barrels so assumed they put it together. is it easy to load for? much velocity gain over .240 weath? dies- could i use a collet die for the 240 weath or special built dies needed? or is it a waste and wait to build a 6.5mm-06 one day.

That would be super flat, but too much of a barrel burner for me. Even the 6.5-06 isn't too friendly on barrels. If this rifle is for hunting and will not be target shooting regularly it's probably a great choice. JMHO.

pjracer, I'm currently doing load development on a 6mm06 and I've settled for the 107 SMK's @ 3360 fps with 59 grains of H1000. I was impressed how well it reached 1028 yards (19 moa with a 200 yard zero) but haven't had much time to play at that range.

That rifle should be in the middle of killing something on the 15th, I'll know more then.

If you donot take it would you let me know where to find it I have one and I have dies and I even have a reamer. I would like to have another but have not got around to building it yet. They are extreme barrel burners so one must take caution when buying them. Any idea of the twist in the barrel? Is it a heavy barreled gun or a sporter. They are very fast. Most of them with any age on them were set up for light bullets.

I have been working up loads for my new 6mm-06 built by Accurate Rifle Works. 88 grain bullets @ 3640 and 5 shots under 1 moa. I am going to North Carolina to hunt deer will let you know how the Berger bullets do. This gun is a pleasure to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.