6mm-06 and RL26?

Elnicko

I'm having a Tikka rebarreled in 6mm-06 and was wondering where to start on loads. I will be shooting 100gr Cutting Edge MTH's from a 7 twist 24" barrel. I was thinking RL26 would be good but can't find any info as far as a place to start. I tried searching for 6-284 data but couldn't find much there either. If anyone has experience with RL26 or something similar, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Look at .240 Weatherby data to start out. The two cartridges and the 6mm/284 are right at the same capacity! In other words, R19. ha R26 will be a tad slower but may work well with the bullet you describe. Good deer rounds though, all three!

Tried that but there wasn't a whole lot of info out there for RL26. May have to pick a different powder.

Alliant's site shows a Max of 56.6/R26 for the 25-06 & 100gr bullet. That will give you some kind of idea. Most say start 10% under and work up...I never had an issue with 5% less and working up on any load data myself. But at any rate, I myself got eye popping speed from R26 out of a .270, but my rifle didn't have the accuracy with the bullet I was using. Good luck to you pard.

I have a man in my church who has used his 240W ( basically a 6mm/06) with the 95 NPT on mule deer/big bull elk out here in UT/WY for over 40yrs! Your CE bullet should kill like the 90X we used on Axis and blackbuck in the 240w. Good luck to you and enjoy yourself! :)

Thank you sir. I'll post the results when I get the rifle finished and test it out.

I don't quite have your round, but I do have a 6.5-06 that I'm running 140gr Berger hybrids in. Norma brass, 140gr hybrid, 56gr re26 @ 3015fps. Shot 6 rds I used to get velocity into less than a dime @ 100yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.