6MM-06 advice needed

Be careful with the 6mm-30-06 when forming the cases. Was the case designed on the actual 30-06 case or not???? Many of the smaller caliber 06 wildcats are actually built on 270 Win. Brass or 280 Rem. Brass both with a max length of 2.559 so the smaller cartridges will have a longer neck by .065 thousands. Max length of the 30-06 is length is 2.494 and 25-06 Rem. max length is 2.494. Be sure to select the right length case and be sure you trim to the right length. Good Luck on your new gun.

TY Lonetraveler...I was able to find that info on the web..I am trimming to 2.494.and using a lot of caution on this one..

I have a 6mm-06 and have used many powders in this rifle, im4r350, re 22, re25,retumbo, h1000 ect. I shoot 95 grain Nosler Ballistic tips 105 Amax and 105 Berger hybrids and found the best powder for all three bullets with the best velocity going to reloader 25. pm me and I will help as much as I can. My gun is a Stevens 200 with a pac nor 1-8 twist

I have a 6mm-06 and have used many powders in this rifle, im4r350, re 22, re25,retumbo, h1000 ect. I shoot 95 grain Nosler Ballistic tips 105 Amax and 105 Berger hybrids and found the best powder for all three bullets with the best velocity going to reloader 25. pm me and I will help as much as I can. My gun is a Stevens 200 with a pac nor 1-8 twist

It's always nice to get advice from a 6mm06guy (pun intended :):D:rolleyes::cool:).

I will do that 6MM06Guy. I appreciate all the help from you guys. I need to learn how to post pics, Being old and computer stupid does not help..LOL

Do you have any history on the barrel and twist. If it was built as a varmit rifle it may have twist for 80 gr. or lighter bullets. If you use the heavier bullets, 100 gr. or more you may not get the accuracy you desire. Watch when you start shooting if the accuracy is not good you may have to change bullet weight. The barrel twist may dictate what bullet & weight you can use. Good Luck on this project.

I don't have my 6mm06 anymore but when I did my loads mirrored my 240 loads.
If it's a full length 06 case look at the starting data for the .240 Weatherby Magnum. Only difference should be the radiused shoulder depending on how it's throated.

Good luck

Jerry

Thanks for all of the suggestions and help guys. I am on quite a few Pages and a couple of forums and have found nothing but resistance in most places. My history is I am a disabled (Knees are shot)50 year old. I have not hunted or fished in 5 years and needed something to do with my 2 sons. We have been reloading for alittle over a year and all 3 of us enjoy the time together. I read as much as I can on the Matter and never ask for loads from others. This caliber does not have much to read on..LOL. I appreciate all the help as I work on this load every day!!!! My Barrel is a 26 inch Shillen Bull barrel with a 1 to 10 twist. I have a ton of Manuals but was Leary of Going off of 240 Weatherby and 6.5X284 data.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and help guys. I am on quite a few Pages and a couple of forums and have found nothing but resistance in most places. My history is I am a disabled (Knees are shot)50 year old. I have not hunted or fished in 5 years and needed something to do with my 2 sons. We have been reloading for alittle over a year and all 3 of us enjoy the time together. I read as much as I can on the Matter and never ask for loads from others. This caliber does not have much to read on..LOL. I appreciate all the help as I work on this load every day!!!! My Barrel is a 26 inch Shillen Bull barrel with a 1 to 10 twist. I have a ton of Manuals but was Leary of Going off of 240 Weatherby and 6.5X284 data.

OK, I understand your situation...go off the 240 data supplied here and start low...Its not difficult and you can start low and work up. 6-06 or 240W (almost the same thing) is a rewarding caliber, that you will enjoy for years. Good luck!

I shot and resized cases all day today. I was very happy with the results at 100 yards!!! Time to beef up the Load and Bullet weight and start to stretch it out. Thanks again for all of the Help guys!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.