634 yard spiker

kiwi3006

I went out a couple of weeks back to try and get my first deer for the year. I have had a few chances this year but haven't taken the shot for a number of reasons. But last night it all came together.
Rob and I headed out to watch a large clearing at the top of a face. About 7pm three deer, two hinds and a yearling came out.
Ranged them at 634 yds. Conditions were
634 yds
-9 degrees angle
1006 mBar
18oC
40% humidity
4 mph wind from 112 degrees (from over right shoulder)

I was using my 7mm Rem Mag shooting 168 Bergers at 3070 fps.
Shooter said 10.7 MOA up and 0.9MOA right.
Dialled that in to the scope and waited for the yearling to offer a broadside shot. It finally did, and I dropped it with one shot.

Meandspiker.jpg

Me and the spiker

Spikerandrifle.jpg

The spiker with my rifle, Rem 700 Trueflite No 4 26"7mm rem mag,Leupold VIII 4.5 -14 x 40 LR, stock made by me

Viewofshot.jpg

View back up to where the shot was taken from

My Movie634 yd spiker utube - YouTube
Link to video

NICE! Hey, what is your exact load? Barrel length? I'm taking my 7mag to Colorado in a week. Shooting 73.0 gr Retumbo with same bullet as you, Fed215M primer and Win brass.

Nice shot! Man..40% humidity? You guys in a drought again? Haha. I go to Auckland every two years or so to visit my wife's family. I like everything OUTSIDE of Auckland haha.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.