600yard scope under $700

Gspkora

Hi all
I'm after a mid range scope under $700
That is not to heavy and tracks reliably and has good enough glass to see into the shadows on dusk
I don't need massive magnification maybe 16x max
Even 9x would be enough
looking at vortex viper lr , leopold vx3 cds or weaver super slam I also like Burris m tac and bushnell 6500
What do you guys think?

+1 on VX3 lineup.

I went with the tactical 4.5-14 with target turrets. Picked one up used in good condition for $450.

If you dont mind purchasing used, keep an eye on ebay. Or on the classified section of this forum. Recently i picked up a viper PST 6-24 FFP for $650 on here.

I like the Leopold but I feel like the glass isn't where it should be I have a vx2 on another rifle and my father's rifle has a vortex diamond back and on dark the vortex is a brighter in my eyes is the vx3 much better?

In my own eyes the VX3 has better glass then my viper PST. but thats just me.

I would go to a local sporting goods store and look through all of them.

I went VX-3 with CDS in 4.5-14 x 40 great scope for my boys .270, compared it to a Vortex in the same price range, went Leupold!

gunaddict,

For that kind of money I would go for a Bushnell 4200 4-16X unless the new 4500 is better. You can get a used 4200 for less than half and use the rest for loading stuff. In side by side the scopes mentioned are not better than the 4200.

Forgot to mention I am in rural New zealand and I will not be near a hunting shop soon that will hold a large variety of scopes so I'm going off what you guys say and of reviews I will be buying from the USA tho as it is far cheaper

Forgot to mention I am in rural New zealand and I will not be near a hunting shop soon that will hold a large variety of scopes so I'm going off what you guys say and of reviews I will be buying from the USA tho as it is far cheaper

Keep in mind that a riflescope must be exported from the U.S. because of our ITAR restrictions, it cannot simply be shipped like binos and such.

You may not even be able to get it to New Zealand.

I have imported rifles and scopes from the state's before not a big deal we just cannot import a few types

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.