600 Yards Max for Whitetail: 7mm STW vs 6.5 Creedmoor

why? Is this another "Leupold's don't track" response. I've not had any problems with my several VX series scopes.
I have two and zero issues
Dilemma:

I have a VX6HD 3-18X44 coming with the illuminated TMOA reticle. I have a Remington Sendero FS 7mm STW and a Tikka T3x 6.5 Creedmoor. I hunt large ag fields and the woods so I can shoot anywhere from 10 yards to 500-600 yards and the quarry is whitetail only.

I am trying to decide on which rifle to put the scope. The Sendero is heavy but spooky accurate. It's great for the box blind but I'm iffy about hauling it around in the woods in the treestand. The Tikka T3x is light and shoulders great and the 6.5 Creedmoor recoil is light. Its a great handling gun.

Comfort wise I like the Tikka in 6.5 Creedmoor vs the 7mm STW but the STW has some impressive ballistics.

Between a 7mm STW and a 6.5 Creedmoor, which would you choose as a better choice for an all around deer rifle from woods to fields? BTW I also have a Tikka T3 .308 with a 22" barrel that is a sporter rifle.
600 a stretch for 6.5 IMHO on White Tail if I had the 7 to choose between

The 7MM STW is a known barrel burner so I would rule that one out.
The 6.5CM is known to be overrated and bullets, especially Nosler, Hornady, Sierra and Barnes, do not penetrate so rule that one out.
That leaves only one really logical choice.

I had an STW for a few years, that thing kicked like a mule, sold it. Hunting for 40 years, same for target shooting and the longest hunting shot I've taken was 470 yards in NZ. Most hunting shots are under 300 yards. So as long as you have your range finder and dope chart, the Creedmoor or 308 which I have also. 308 is more than adequate on whitetail out to 500 yards at 1900' per second and 1400ft lbs. I also just got a new round that is a smoke show, the 6.5 Sherman SST, amazing ballistics.

You already have a VX5 3-15 on your 6.5 creed, Leave it there. You will not be gaining anything by moving up 3X in power. The 7stw is perfectly complemented by the VX6.
On days that the wind is up or you just feel like sitting, the 7stw. The rest is the 6.5 territory.

I'm biased on this question. I'm usually hunting with a .257 WBY. This year I'm taking my 7STW for my yearly hunt in Wyoming. I've found a very accurate load for it and I like the ballistics for longer shots. it's certainly not a lightweight rifle, but the ability to send a long shot with accuracy and terminal performance make it my choice.
Would you share your load with me on your stw? I have one custom built..I'm using berger 175 gr elite hunter with retumbo but I always like to hear what other stw people are using

Just to mix things up a bit I'm about to put a VX5HD 3-15x44 with Windplex reticle on a 30 06 that's a shooter. So I've got the following to choose from for a do all from bean field to hardwoods: 7mm STW, 30 06, 308 and 6.5 CM.

I shake my head at some of the stuff I see on this forum. We're talking whitetail deer here, not elephants. 6.5 creed is more than capable of taking deer at 600 yards. People sell it short just because they dislike the cartridge. Take whichever one you shoot the best and feel most confident in. All the cartridges you just listed are perfectly fine. Having said all that, I hunt with a 7mm rem mag just because I love that round.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.