600 yard 30 Wolf performance

STL_Shooter

Some of you may be interested in this.

Using the 178g AMAX over 95.5 grains of RL25, I shot the following groups. I believe the speed to be around 3450 fps and I'll check it soon.

Yesterday I shot three 3-shot groups with the Wolf at 300 yards. They measured .742" (.236 MOA), 1.082 (.345 MOA) and 1.142 (.364 MOA). Average of the three is .317 MOA.

Here's a pic of the smallest group.

http://www.pbase.com/image/10234281

Today, I shot one group at 600 yards. With a 2-3 mph wind switching from my back, I fired three shots into .742" (.118 MOA). The fourth opened the group up to .942" (.150 MOA) and the fifth (I missed a wind switch) opened the group up to 1.642" for a grand total of .261 MOA.

Here's the group...

http://www.pbase.com/image/10233160

Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled with the performance of this rig and the load. This is fun!

STL_Shooter

DO NOT post any more info on your 30 Wolf as I don't believe we (me and perhaps several other) can resist much longer and it's going to cost more money!!

I don't want to buy another rifle just now and I've been trying to avoid getting excited about this offering, you are not helping much with posts like this...
smile.gif

Hell, it's too late anyway, I'm hooked!!

Who built the rifle?

I NEED one in a tactical setup, repeater (magazine fed) with an mag box long enough to allow for full length bullet seating. I'd prefer a barrel 32 inches or shorter.

Who do I call and what the problem with loading dies an forming. (I generally use Wilson dies.)

As long as you've enticed more folks than just me, how about trying to arrange a group purchase for the rest of the guys here that NOW GOTTA HAVE ONE.

Now wait a minute, Dave King! I committed two full days ago and I want you to know that I am way ahead of you in line so back off a bit.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I went back to your other topic on it too but found no specs on the barrel used?

Please tell... BBL length, twist, dia...
smile.gif

s1 I have been intrested in a 30-338 Lapua mag improved for quite some time. I just did not know who I should see about it or how to get started,so I just waited for a while to see what would fall out of the sky. I have been reading about your 30 wolf and I think that I would like to talk to you on the phone. I know what I want, but I want to run it by you and see what the pros and cons are. I am not a computer wiz and would like to talk to you, is there a way?

Dave

Dan Lilja is usually the hold up on a Wolf, unless your stock maker is doing something special. Nesika has been getting these actions to people in about 6 weeks or less. The barrel makers have been taking over 12 weeks (there is that whole 'War on terror' thing going on). If you get the action and the barrel to me you will get your Wolf back in less than 5 weeks, 1/3 MOA guaranteed.

Brent......ya

Glenn at Nesika told STL_Shooter that a big gun just won't shoot on a HS STOCK...
grin.gif

I also hear people say that you can't shoot benchrest quality groups off a BIPOD...
grin.gif
grin.gif

The myths will just keep fallin, and I enjoy that as much as shootin a small group!...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You can get more technical info, or questions answered at [email protected]

I only build about 12 of these a year, and they come with a full length sizer with a neck bushing feature, and either a wilson style seater, or a Forster competition seater with a custom sleeve.

[ 01-05-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]

Hey everyone,

Here are the complete specs for my 30 Wolf. Yes, it's the one S1 just finished for me...

- Nesika M action with pinned recoil lug
- Nesika 30 MOA scope base
- Jewell trigger
- Lilja 32" 3 groove 11 twist 30 cal. barrel
- HS Precision Pro Series adjustable stock
- HS Precision bottom metal and box mag
- Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 scope
- Nightforce rings
- Newlon die blank for sizer
- Forster Ultra Seater (for 300 Ultra Mag)

S1 then:

- makes the brake
- threads, chambers and crowns the barrel
- modifies the stock to fit the action and bottom metal
- beds the action and scope base
- reams the sizing and seating dies

Then, if you're lucky
wink.gif
, you march down to the range and shoot tiny groups...

Len & Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cowboy: Huh, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Cowboy draws a knife, and Doc Holliday takes out a second gun]
Doc Holliday: I have two guns, one for each of ya.
grin.gif

3 party conference call?
grin.gif
grin.gif
Wouldn't they s#it if they said you were the first that's asked, then we all got on the line one by one after asking previously as well to remind them.
grin.gif
grin.gif

The market is there just beggin for it.

It will be like cherry pickin for the first company that makes a long range polymer tipped bullet that will shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.