6 or 6.5 Super LR?

think you made a wise decision
I'd been down the exotic path with the 7STW in it's beginning days, took a long to get it right with what we had to work with in the early 90's. By comparison, what we have today, is a giant leap forward in technology and components! As much as I love my personal ballistic research, that was a pain in the arse but, the end result was well worth it. Today I can get to end result much faster!

PS: anyone need 5lbs of H5010

Gonna try out X-Caliber barrels. Dang, they called me back to confirm my build!

26" small shank, 416R, 1:7, finished at the muzzle 1.00. Might be on the heeaavy side but, that don't bother me non, I carry heavier in a back pack, I don't hunt in thick stuff.

If you want to go off the .260, a .260 AI is hard to beat. I'm sending the 147 ELD-M at 3050 fps, and was sending 140 VLD's at 3070 without pressure. It's not hard to make em work well in a short action either, aics bottom metal or Wyatts mag box and you have plenty of OAL. Or if your using a savage, their factory mag box is plenty long.
Dang those are hot velocities!
I have a friend who is a serious match shooter, and shooting a 260ai with 150 smk's he can't break 2800 fps with a 26" barrel using RL 26 or any other powder...
I'm maxed out at 3050 with 147 eld-m's in my 6.5 saum with 61 grains of H1000
What's your secret...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.