6 mm on the 7 mm mag

ann brezinski

any one ever played with this.saw a articel on it but not sure where and when.i am not building one ,i was interested on your thoughts and if any one shot one.thank you for your time.
gary

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away there was a company named Holland and Holland which produced a 6mm cartridge on the H&H case. It was named the .244 H&H. This case has about 83 grains of water capacity as opposed to the 7mm Rem. Mag. case with 82 grains approximately. The .270 WSM case has the similar case capacity.

In answer to your question, no I have not made any 6mm cases from the 7mm Rem. Mag. With the work I've done in the past, it seems a little overbore for the 6mm especially when compared to lesser capacity cases and slow powder. We have the powders now which would work fine in this case but the same velocities using heavy bullets can be accomplished using smaller cases.

Regards.

Much easier to use 264 Win mag brass. But brass availability would go to the 7 mag.

Last edited:
240/257 Wby has been done a lot...

240 Incinerator is based off the Rem mag if I recall...

Neither one deserve an ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:"...

I've seen the same articles etc. Never appealed to me. Even many years ago, there were wild 6mm options with more curb appeal.

I haven't done one of those either, but I had the Sherman 6mm in hand the other day, and held it longer than can be explained by idle curiosity.

240/257 Wby has been done a lot...

240 Incinerator is based off the Rem mag if I recall...

Neither one deserve an ":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:"...
My post had nothing to do with the cartridges.

The same guy always posts these threads like this, then rarely-to-never responds to them again and never discusses them. Then later, he posts another vague thread like this, and never responds to it or discusses it, either. Same thing, over and over and over and over and over again...For years. That's why I responded the way I did.

I've seen the same articles etc. Never appealed to me. Even many years ago, there were wild 6mm options with more curb appeal.

I haven't done one of those either, but I had the Sherman 6mm in hand the other day, and held it longer than can be explained by idle curiosity.
I had a conversation with Rich last week. I've been waiting on a 6mm. My question was, can I do it on a small shank?

Last edited:
I don't know what your intention is, but the same morning Hammer posts pictures of a heavy 6mm, Rich shows me a loaded round, and it looks like a peas, and carrots combo.

With heavy 6mm's coming available it's tempting to sideline a project for this.

I don't know what your intention is, but the same morning Hammer posts pictures of a heavy 6mm, Rich shows me a loaded round, and it looks like a peas, and carrots combo.

With heavy 6mm's coming available it's tempting to sideline a project for this.
Rich has it running a heavy well over 3000 fps with 2000 round barrel life. I was sold!!

You're taking about the 6mm SST right?

I've wanted one of his cartridges for a while, this one might be it. It'll probably smoke my 6AI.:)

My 6AI barrel is almost gone, I too want one done for a small shank.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.