6 Creedmoor powder

woodnut

I looked through about 3 pages and no one was talking about the 6 Creed. I have both the 6.5 and 6 Creeds and now love the 6! Factory Hornady Black with a 105 HPBT shoots under 1/2 inch and I didn't think I could surpass it by reloading. But the bug hit and now I can't find any load that goes over 1/2 inch, with most going .4oo! Tried 4831SC, Superformance, and RL19. All did it. In my rifles (yes, I have 2) I've chrono'ed these loads at 3160fps+-. I Know H4350 is supposed to be THE go to powder, but since it's hard to come by, I tried the others. Seriously, a 108 ELD or the 105 AMAX will shoot all day under crazy conditions under 1/2 inch at 100 and I've got 2 groups at 300 that were 1.700. I don't have a longer range so I don't know what these loads will do longer; but at 1000 yds. the factory is clanging steel ! I am now doing the RL19 with 108s, no pressure signs either. This is one amazing round! I have reloaded for over 50 years, many cartridges, and this one is blowing my mind! It has less comeups than the 6.5 at 1000yds., less recoil, and hits steel with authority. Have not deer hunted with it, but believe it will whack. It sure does on groundhogs and prairie dogs!
Just wondered if anyone else is reloading the 6.

RL 16 works very well in mine. 29 inch 8 twist Krieger with 115 Berger VLD running 3150. Its a laser at 1200 yards. IMR 7828 ssc is also a good powder for this case. RL 23 and 26 also work good. Will be using it for Antelope hunt here soon to test it out.
Lonnie

About the same capacity as a .243 Ack, correct? I run RL22 in my ack...a 105 Berger at 3300 is pretty good, imo.

Wow! Several of you found this round! I have only used the 105s and 108s, but I bet those heavier 115s are awesome in it! I have the 8 twist, 4 grove , 26" barrels. didn't know what to expect when I started, so went low with the 41.5 gr start loads. Both RL19, H4831sc and Superformance all turned in hi velocities, no pressure signs and sub 1/2 MOA groups. I wanted to end up with Superformance as it meters better than stick powders, but could not come away from RL19 as it gave tiny ES and SDs and tight groups. That load went from 3061fps at 75' to 3166 at 90' and still no pressure signs. Groups ran .450 at 90' and dropped in at .206 when the temp dropped to 74'! At 74', the ES was 10.84 and SD was only 5.09! In all my years of reloading many cartridges, this one is the most impressive and easiest to reload I've ever done.

Running a 26" bbl savage off the shelf with 105gr Nosler rdf hollow points I ran 44, 44.5, 45 gr of RL 19 and all shot around 1/4 minute at 100 yds. 2.79 OAL. I think 6 creed is probably as easy as the .308 I've loaded for years. Stick a dog turd in it and it will give you great accuracy. I'm super happy with the round and would re barrel my .308 to it if I didn't have so much ammo for it. Can't go wrong. Throw components at it and see what ya get. You'll be pleased.

Cottobr, glad to hear you like rl19, too. You are running more of it than me, but mine has no pressures and only running about 3000.
I loaded some berger 105 vld targets and they tightened groups. Couldn't find any but did find 109s by Berger. Only 1 gr heavier than my reg 108s, so I'm looking forward to good results. Been shooting at 970 yds and the 6 really shines!

Cottobr, glad to hear you like rl19, too. You are running more of it than me, but mine has no pressures and only running about 3000.
I loaded some berger 105 vld targets and they tightened groups. Couldn't find any but did find 109s by Berger. Only 1 gr heavier than my reg 108s, so I'm looking forward to good results. Been shooting at 970 yds and the 6 really shines!
Running 105 Bergers at 3060 with a mild load of h4831. David

No offense weatherby Fan, but from all the posts in a lot of forums I've read, just about ANY powder works in the 6 Creedmoor! I am truly amazed at the variety of powders listed and the good results. Pretty much the same about factory ammo; they all seem to work well,too.

No offense weatherby Fan, but from all the posts in a lot of forums I've read, just about ANY powder works in the 6 Creedmoor! I am truly amazed at the variety of powders listed and the good results. Pretty much the same about factory ammo; they all seem to work well,too.

No offence taken, I have two 6CM rifles an older Carl Gustaf target rifle which I had rebarreled to 6CM and I tried several factory loads in it and it shot terribly so I was a little sour as usually a rifle will like one factory load.

I read an article on Accurate Shooter about the best powders for the 6CM it said 4350 is good and R16 is maybe better and is becoming very popular for the competition crowd, so I gave it a whirl since I had some on hand.
Sure enough it worked great.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.