6 CM sizing with a 6.5 CM die?

Nimrodmar10

I've been reloading 6.5 CM shells with Redding bushing neck dies. I recently bought a 6 CM. Instead of buying a set of dies for the 6 CM, I just bought a .270 bushing and put it in the 6.5 CM neck sizing die. I haven't used it yet, but I intend to use the 6.5 CM body die to set the shoulder back, when needed. Has anyone else done this or do you see a problem with it that I haven't thought of?

woodnut

I HAVE 2 RIFLES IN 6 cm AND A 6.5 cm. WISH I HAD A THOUGHT AHEAD AND DID WHAT YOU DID! I was shooting Hornady Black with their 105HPBT and it shot extremely well so I did not think about reloading it til recently. Same with the 6.5 and now I just ordered a set of dies for it. Twice the price! Duh!
As for loading the 6 CM, I stayed away from H4350 for 2 reasons: hard to get and hot gasses. I tried several powders and started low. All shot very, very good. Settled on RL 19 and the 108 ELDs. Running aprox. 3100fps, no pressure signs and danged good accuracy! Stayed at the starting loads. Not sure why you have maxed out, but I wonder if the neck brass is too thick and causing the pressures. I did try to neck down a couple 6.5s myself just for S&Gs, but without turning necks, they would not go in my chambers.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts