6-BR

Took my biggest buck with a 6MM. It's a long story but that's what was in my hand that day. 85 Nosler partition DRT.

My 6BR is only a few hundred FPS slower. Don't think a deer would know the difference.

I was wondering if anyone uses a 6 BR for hunting deer. I'm not talking mule deer and elk, living in the south our big white tails deer will be 200-250 #'s and 100-300 yards. I would be shooting 105-108 gr. bullets. Just wanted some of you fella's thoughts that may have one and used it for deer hunting.
thanks
I have a super light weight 6BR that I have hunted deer with. It is built on a Remington 600
action, and has a 22" Shilen pencil thin barrel.

I have shot mule deer and WT deer with this rifle right out to 375 yards. I use the 90 grain
Swift Scirocco II, which works very well indeed.

No deer I have shot with this rifle has gone more than 40 yards after the shot. Bullet exits are
common.

This has a blind magazine, but with cautious removal of metal, it now feeds that short case just
fine. Dave.
Hello Dave I have a 600 also could you please explain how you got it to feed reliably I'm considering building a 6bra thanks mark

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.