6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD's

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by goodgrouper, Dec 14, 2004.

1. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

I am going to build a 6 BR in the next couple of weeks and I am really torn between twisting and throughting for a 55 grain or 105 grain bullet. The reason I'm torn is because I love shooting 1000 yard + critters with vld's, but I would also like to see what a 6br can really do at 100 yards for group size with the 55's or 70's. I am really interested to know if anyone who has a 6br set up for vlds has actually got .25" groups at 100 yards. I have talked to several people who have told me it shoots great at 1k, but never really tried grouping it at 100. thanks!

2. LDO

LDO Well-Known Member

Re: 6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

go with the fast twist and never look back-if it is built well it shoot well enough at any range and providing you work up the loads to do so-btw the 105amax makes p-dogs go splat way out there even with the modest speeds the chambering produces -my-2 dave

3. TOM H

TOM H Well-Known Member

Re: 6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

I tired that years ago getting the LVD 6mm to shoot at 100yds just didn't work out so just build another rifle with a 1/14 twist. Problem you get is if throated for the LVD. Bruno's makes a 8 or 9 ogive 68gr 6mm bullet and they shot pretty good and you might want to try.