6 ARC

gvjm

So while its a little early in the process what does everyone think of the potential of the new 6ARC as a hunting cartridge? Deer, hog, antelope? I started hunting with a semi auto 40 years ago (308) and still do but the AR-15 platform is limited. I was unimpressed with the Grendel I'm now running a 300 Hamr but neither of these "knock down" animals like the 308, 25-06 or the 7Mag (duh). I've even used a 243 with some success. Will the ARC provide any better terminal performance? Maybe they should bring back the 30RAR!

It's simply another option made available for us by Hornady and their collaborative efforts with other shooting related companies. It is NOT for everybody and I am sure there are going to be naysayers. I welcome any new options/alternatives regardless if I use it or not.

It's a 6 Grendel, literally which is roughly equivalent to a 6BR. Whatever you'd use a 6.5 Grendel on, you can use this on. It'll be substantially slower than a .243win with any bullet weight. I'd be happy with it on anything up to about the size of a white tail deer. Anything bigger and I'm looking for more gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.