6.8 Western

So far so good. I have not made it to my other range that has 300 yards to it because of rain. I bought a XBolt 6.8 Western Western Hunter Long Range 26 inch barrel. Recoil does not bother me and is accurate on a cold bore which is nice. I like it so far but thinking I might change stocks at some point just to make it even better if it is possible.
There are a couple three or four others that bought or are buying the Western and there has been a couple other threads about it started.

So far so good. I have not made it to my other range that has 300 yards to it because of rain. I bought a XBolt 6.8 Western Western Hunter Long Range 26 inch barrel. Recoil does not bother me and is accurate on a cold bore which is nice. I like it so far but thinking I might change stocks at some point just to make it even better if it is possible.
There are a couple three or four others that bought or are buying the Western and there has been a couple other threads about it started.
Do you have the browning?

I also just purchase the same. Beautiful gun, I usually shoot Tikka the 6.8 round seems perfect. Have only zero in . Will shoot more next
What round have you decided to sight yours in with? So far my go to is the long range pro hunter 175 grain but I have ordered 3 kinds just to compare.

The only rounds I found on line is the 175 grain pro hunter. Very vet tight at 100 yds . What other rounds did you purchase

I bought the 162 copper extremes, 165 long range accubonds, 175 long range, and then placed an order for the ballistic tips but they are not in stock yet.

They also have the 170 out now too. I have only shot the 165s. I think the 170 are Match?? Watched a Video the other day and he shot four or five different loads and he was sighted in with the 165 and they generally were not far off. To far for me but in general all would have hit vitals.

Last edited: